Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 17 - White Hill [Azelor]

Amazing piece Azelor. So many details. I will wait as Mouse with the Rep untill you post in in finished map. It is a gread addition to the Guild city.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! I see him now

For some reason I was looking for something a lot smaller, and totally scanned right over the top of him without noticing!

Its a gorgeous map, Azelor, but I'm waiting for you to put it in Finished Maps before I rep...

Fear not - I have solved the riddle of why it happens (well I have for me anyway). It happens where there are two similarly sized circles, be they craters or lakes or something else, and my brain very unhelpfully chirps up with "Eyes! I see eyes!", and the facial features just suddenly appear. So all I have to do now when I glimpse two circles in a map is consciously switch off the pattern recognition thing, and I'm ok then
    I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon, in which case I know
    Last edited by fol2dol; 12-05-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Great piece of patience and love in this map Azelor. A truly inspiring work for this Guildcity. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon...
    Wally has always been a dragon. Unfortunately I don't see his reference drawing in any of the reference materials we have organized here. So it's buried somewhere in that 51 page sticky.

Edit: found him on a totally different thread: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post330070
    Last edited by Falconius; 12-05-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Thanks for finding that for me Falconius. I've added the link to the Index thread so we don't lose it again

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Wally has always been a dragon. Unfortunately I don't see his reference drawing in any of the reference materials we have organized here. So it's buried somewhere in that 51 page sticky.

Edit: found him on a totally different thread: https://www.cartographersguild.com/s...l=1#post330070
    And I was like, where's Wally/Waldo/Charlie (in french). I was looking for a guy waving at me
    So I did hide a wally-like dragon in one of my old challenge map without knowing it
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...3&d=1467116205

He is indeed hard to find with his stealth suit !

This is an amazing map, Azelor, echoing harmoniously your guildworld map !

By Azelor
    I don't know your palace dimensions but my temple is more or less 55 x 45 m plus the rear gallery. 43 m excluding the spire (4-5m).
    Well, it seems bigger. My temple should be about 40 meters long and 25m wide. My palace is bigger and more close to your temple dimensions (though, still smaller). In fact, I was also saying this because : 1) your temple looks impressive 2) I view your district in a higher position than mine, so somebody on the bridge probably see (at least) the spires of your temple.

And I was like, where's Wally/Waldo/Charlie (in french). I was looking for a guy waving at me
    So I did hide a wally-like dragon in one of my old challenge map without knowing it
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...3&d=1467116205
    Haha, nice map, your Wally looks pretty predatory. That town looks screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Haha, nice map, your Wally looks pretty predatory. That town looks screwed.
    Thanks Falconius!

I still not see it!
    Unless he polymorphed himself into a dragon, in which case he's under the wall tower with the number 7
    Yes, that's him.
    Last edited by Azélor; 12-05-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast