Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    kacey this is amazing, those domes are how I'd imagine a futuristic sub-quantum college or research centre to look, for some reason. I imagine the whole place to be lit not by electrickery or gas or anything but by the harnessing and manipulation of the natural energy within the very environment. Perhaps the roads aren't really linear, but are the average paths between two points. Maybe you can walk between the Campus Library and School of Linguistics on one day but the very next you may find yourself at the monastery (which is A before E BTW ) another. Maybe that is the need for an asylum for those who can't cope with forever changing directions
    Theres a spot all set out for the asylum, it's right beside the child psychology center, and the city pound, I've set them all at arms length of the biomedical, and robotics department, they will be of use there.

I've been working on The Foundry, originally it was to be a meeting place for the scientists and Alchemists to gather, and share knowledge, they can still do that there, but now they can make stuff too. Any parts you might need for crafting all sorts of gadgets, but mostly for top secret devises being used in the research, and robotics departments. I thought it better to have craftsmen nearby instead of out sourcing, then no one needs to answer any questions.

Anyway... I've only just got in the base shapes with basic lighting information so far, this is how all the buildings start. Any pollution, or steam coming from the foundry will be redirected under ground, and re used. The campus will have it's own generators under ground in case of any catastrophes.

I'll start doing a proper shading on it tonight, and hopefully do some colour as well... This is just a screen shot, I was feeling lazy.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (7).png 
Views:	50 
Size:	4.15 MB 
ID:	91349

Guild Expert

I finally got some colour down on the foundry, it's not fully finished, but close. I mainly wanted it to look like metal, tho I'm not quite sure I'm there yet.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City District 13 Foundry.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	7.24 MB 
ID:	91374

Well the foundry is looking very splendid from here, even if its not finished yet

Are those pipes going into the ground?

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Well the foundry is looking very splendid from here, even if its not finished yet
    Thanks Mouse

Are those pipes going into the ground?
    Yes, there going into the ground. There's going to be bases which are bolted down. All the waste from this building will be recycled, and I didn't want to muck up the air around the campus.

Like flanges to connect the pipes to boreholes?

Guild Expert

Like flanges to connect the pipes to boreholes?
    I had to look that up, but yes I think that's what I mean. I'm a little worried that they might be too small to do tho, I really struggled doing the pipes already just because of the size. I haven't quite figured out how to make a tiny dot look like a bolt. It's taking forever to do all the designs because everything is just so small...This building from initial sketch to what you see here took 7 hours... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth my while to add in all these tiny details, when you probably won't even be able to see them on the final map.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I had to look that up, but yes I think that's what I mean. I'm a little worried that they might be too small to do tho, I really struggled doing the pipes already just because of the size. I haven't quite figured out how to make a tiny dot look like a bolt. It's taking forever to do all the designs because everything is just so small...This building from initial sketch to what you see here took 7 hours... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth my while to add in all these tiny details, when you probably won't even be able to see them on the final map.
    Don't worry about that Kacey. It's worth it. Definitely.
    I too will have details that will not show well on the final map, but that's ok.
    Many people will also be looking at the individual maps, plus some of us are going to go further and do some building and floorplan maps too.
    It'll be worth it. And it is looking wonderful, by the way.

Just here to say that your shading technique is really impressive!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Okay, this has me totally despairing over my patch o' city. I might have to start over.

Kacey, this is great, great work.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast