Thread: Guild City: FAQ

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do I get a district to map, and what am I allowed to map in it?

If you want to take part in the Guild City project you can. The city has been designed with expansion in mind, so don't worry if all the central blocks are already gone by the time you get to it. There is plenty of potential to add satellite towns if at any stage the city seems to be getting a bit too large as a single entity

To claim a plot for yourself to map visit the first comment in this thread, and check for areas that do not already show a name. Choose three or four in order of preference and note them down, then go to the very end of that same thread and ask J.Edward if you can have one of those districts listing all four of them in order of preference.

There are no hard and fast rules to what you can or cannot map in your part of the city, though most people prefer to have a look around at what has already been mapped in the areas around their own and make decisions based on that, and where they are in relation with the older central part of the city. While the project is still in its infancy this means having a look at all the relevant WIP threads here, but as time progresses it may be easier to check out the full map that will slowly emerge as Redrobes compiles all the finished parts into one big zoomable map (link to be added later)

Once your claim has been confirmed by J.Edward you may download your base map from here, and start designing your layout on the very handy 5 foot grid that has been laid out over the entire city area. (5 foot is equivalent to 1.5 metres).

While you are on the Main Index thread downloading your base map, check through the rest of the basic information available on that thread for light direction rays and any other useful information that I may have overlooked to put in this thread.

This is the project summary by FAQ - PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT ON THIS THREAD
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-09-2017 at 09:56 PM.