Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 18 - Yet Unnamed [DanielHasenbos]

Hey, that's a big wall! Pretty cool start, Daniel.

I just want to add a note here about street plans. This may be a personal quirk of mine that doesn't bother anyone else (I have an... unusual mind with none of those little boxes in it), but I tried adding a street system first and then found myself deleting most of them because they were getting in the way of the more elaborate buildings I was designing.

Basically, a street layout helps with the major roads, but the smaller ones may need to be more organic - an integrated part of building the houses... or whatever.

I hope that makes sense and is in some way helpful in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I just want to add a note here about street plans. This may be a personal quirk of mine that doesn't bother anyone else (I have an... unusual mind with none of those little boxes in it), but I tried adding a street system first and then found myself deleting most of them because they were getting in the way of the more elaborate buildings I was designing.

Basically, a street layout helps with the major roads, but the smaller ones may need to be more organic - an integrated part of building the houses... or whatever.

I hope that makes sense and is in some way helpful in the future?
    That is exactly what I did. No plan at all for the secondary streets. Also, most roofs extend above the streets, so the main layout was mostly a reference to avoid having an important street being too narrow.

Hey Daniel, I was wondering if you were planning on doing anything with that hole down to the river we share? I was thinking of maybe putting a crane thing over it to haul heavy loads up from the river.

Blog Entries

If not then I was thinking of having a crane on the edge of my chasm bit where I have the yard going up to the edge with the picket fence thing. The idea in my section is that if the water pump fails, which I would imagine would be frequently, then they lower barrels down fill then and then haul them back up again. I could imagine it being a substantial crane - enough for perhaps a platform of filled barrels, a rowing boat / small barge but not like a galley.

"The Roar" sounds like a better place to have a crane tho since you have ground on either side. So if a really substantial crane were there then I think it would make the most sense.

I'd imagine that since, for some reason, the river is in heavy use, that cranes would be somewhat abundant. Heavy lift capacity cranes, such as those that could be constructed over natural or unnatural holes even more so. I would think that your water enterprise would surely have cranes of significant capacity Redrobes. No doubt it would actually be more efficient to lift product down to boats for farther flung areas of the city (I think these city roads would have extremely heavy traffic issues).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123