Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 01 - Supreme residence of the August Grandmaster of Guild City [tonnichiwa]

Tis done anyway

I'll be using them in my district. If you or anyone else wants to use them then just click the link in my signature and you'll get straight at them. Note for PS users - the textures are tiling, so you can use them to cover a much larger area than just the 2500 pi of their size

EDIT: Little tip for using them Tonnichiwa - use them at very small scale. They tile really well without causing to much of a pattern, and the short grass is much better if its small enough in scale that the pattern becomes more like green noise
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-10-2017 at 12:59 PM.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Cool!, Thanks Mouse. We'll see what happens if I end up having to use them. I may raid your stash later for different maps too

Hmmm, that's got me wondering if there should or shouldn't be a whole district dedicated to repetitive patterns and textures. It would make traveling through it seem far longer than it should. In fact it could be the Groundhog District, or perhaps Zeno's District because the pattern repeats every half, but only half the size, so it never reaches the other end of the road.

Just what are those druids putting in my tea?

And you in turn have sparked yet another idea!

I'm thinking I terms of a summer court for our king - a place out in the country that is a bit like Versailles, complete with a huge and very intricate maze - a bit like the one in Harry Potter...

But all of this has little to do with Tonnichiwa's map - which is looking really great already - and I forgot to say that several comments ago!

Guild Expert

You're terrain shading is looking great Tonnichiwa, can't wait to see this one progress.

@ Straf Hehe, "The Peddlers of Plants from the Psychodelic district brings you the Ponderous Parley of Poppyseed Peddling Person's. Particularly Perfect Poppy's for tea. Priced at only a Pittance. Procure your Particular Penchant Post haste!."

I think you probably ran into them! They come up to the Castle at least once a week looking for the inventor of the Kaleidoscope. I hear they sell to him in abundance. You didn't happen to buy anything from them did you?

@Mouse Thanks A maze would be cool leading to the Castle, just like in the movie Labyrinth...hmm...ideas.

@Kacey Thanks If I can get this one to look half as good as my last City map I will be happy.

And the inspiration goes round and round...

I love this place

Ok, another small update. I've added some of the curtain wall towers. I'm debating if I should extend the castle wall so the actual keep sits right on top of that big hill. I'm still not sure about the shadows.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City Castle04.PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	91065  

The towers look good

Thanks Mouse, you know I tried to use auto connecting wall symbols to do this but when I turned on the sheets and effects to have a peek, all of my walls were slightly off. Needless to say I am NOT impressed with auto connecting walls. So it's back to the old fashioned way of laying pieces down one at a time.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast