Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 01 - Supreme residence of the August Grandmaster of Guild City [tonnichiwa]

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Are you still OK for a direct bridge between your castle and my signal tower ?

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Yeah, I'm completely ok with it. That's sort of why I haven't built anything up yet near that area. I needed to see where your bridge connects so I can build one from my side. Nothing on my map is permanent yet. Not even the mapping style.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Great !

I think we can assume that intelligent builders (like us...) would choose the narrowest point between the 2 castles..
    So I think we can each one build a tower at this point and choose this tower as the starting point of the bridge ?
    What kind of bridge do you think would suit the best ? Suspended ? or with pillar ?

edit : I think the last tower you draw could be the one ?
    Last edited by - JO -; 01-11-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Yeah that looks to be about right. I'm going to change the tower style then. I wanted a covered tower for the bridge. I think I will make my tower red in color so it sort of fits with your colors you have going on. I can do the same to the rest of the towers of the actual castle.

Ok, I've added in some more Castle grounds skirt walls and added a placeholder square tower where the bridge is going to go between this area and Jo's territory. I've also put in some Castle towers and extended the castle up the hill. I'm not sure if I want that shape of a castle yet or if I should do something like a hexagon. At any rate, I still have to add a wonderful domed building because the areas around the castle are going to have it, so the Royal Palace should have it too!

I'm considering putting a map on the castle grounds so that it looks like a giant map has been painted onto the stones that surround the castle. Though I am not sure if I can pull that off. I'm thinking about having the palace dome be made of glass, but having a map on that as well. Maybe of the entire Guild World.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City Castle.PNG 
Views:	23 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	91352  

Looking good, Tonnichiwa

Is that a cloud you have at the top of the hill? Its something like Solid White 10 over a couple of the towers there.

Haha, it's so light that I didn't even notice!...lol...no, that is supposed to be the very last contour of the hill. I just forgot to move the towers to the correct sheet and that is the result...Doh! I'll fix that right now.

EDIT: Ok, this should be better

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	53 
Size:	3.82 MB 
ID:	91354  

Ok, LOL!

That certainly makes a bit more sense

So I ripped out some walls, as the city planning department decided they needed to change something, and then they built this palace.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	57 
Size:	3.89 MB 
ID:	91364  

Guild Expert

I'm loving that palace Tonnichiwa, especially the centre dome, the design on it is really nice.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast