Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 01 - Supreme residence of the August Grandmaster of Guild City [tonnichiwa]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Thanks Kacey, I wanted it to resemble something like an encyclopedia map projection of the top of the world.

So I didn't like it sitting at the top of the hill so I moved it more near the center of the grounds. I also slightly increased it's size and put back some of the walls. I'm still considering turning the grounds into a map of Guild World, and then try to make it look like a mosaic. Then have the Palace project lights out of it resembling Rhumb lines. We'll see if I can pull it off or not. Though I may not get the entire Guildworld map on there. But I want it all.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City Castle.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.11 MB 
ID:	91370  

Ok, another update. I've added wooden gatehouse bridges across the entrances and I've put more domes on each of the towers. I'm going to be figuring out the bridge shortly and then hopefully I can get some other things built that will look good. I still have to build the Royal Mint as well.

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	26 
Size:	4.14 MB 
ID:	91371  

Ok, Now I've added the last of the walls and the bridge. Jo, the bridge is 25 feet wide. Is that about what you had in mind? And should we add towers to it as well?

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	27 
Size:	4.16 MB 
ID:	91373  

Looks awesome Tonnichiwa

Thanks Voolf, I really think you are going to love what I do to the ground

So the August Grandmaster of Guild City came by today to look at his new palace and decided that while he liked the palace, he thought the grounds could use some sprucing up. So he sent his court archmage out to collect all of the artists who participated in making the Guild World map and had them teleported back to the grounds. Then he had them recreate the same map many times on the new tiles he had installed into the grounds. When they were done, he had them all teleported back to their respective countries and then had the wizard cast protection spells on the map tiles so that they will never fade away with all of the people that will be walking the grounds.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild City Castle Guild world test.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	6.37 MB 
ID:	91382  

I like the story

Where did you find the texture?

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I think it's more or less what I draw as a sketch on my last WIP... Anyway, the one you draw is OK...
    The question of the tower is a tough one :
    Looking at the distance that the bridge must cover, I wonder how we should build it: a single arch seems to me not enough. Should the bridge be suspended? Is it necessary to imagine a bridge pile in the middle (which seems difficult given the depth of the ravine and the river)? As soon as I can, I will try to make a profile sketch.

edit 1 : Nevermind all the above...

I checked : Your bridge is all right. It's only 30 meters long, so I don't think there is any problem with a single arch...

It's all good !!

Edit 2 : maybe, if it's possible and easy, the bridge could be a bit less large ? if the bridge is 3 squares wide, that would be perfect (3 squares of the original map we received from J. Edward)
    Last edited by - JO -; 01-16-2017 at 12:52 PM.

@Mouse, I got it a while ago from here. I took it and made it into a PNG, then imported it as a bitmap. Then laid down some terrain and changed the bitmap fill to the map of Guildworld and messed with its size until it fit sort of ok. Then put a layer of large tiled bricks underneath it to get the effect you see here. I'm glad you like the story.

@Jo, sure thing. I can change it to three squares. Right now it is five squares. It is an easy fix and will be changed in my next WIP upload.

Only a small update this time. The bridge is now 3 squares.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild City Castle Guild world test.PNG 
Views:	31 
Size:	6.36 MB 
ID:	91408  

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast