Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 01 - Supreme residence of the August Grandmaster of Guild City [tonnichiwa]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

So after a small discussion in J.Edwards thread, I decided I would also start working on an alternative Guild City, only this one would be completely drawn by hand. Because of this it will only be presented in black and white at first and it will probably go much slower than the one I am making in CC3.

For this one, the idea is that they flooded the castle grounds and made some canals and islands. People can rent boats and go to each island for tours, or just float around the canals as they go in and out of the arches from the main roads that go through the grounds. Anyway this is the concept sketch for it so far. I won't be putting this one in the WIP scraper so it will just be here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild City.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	3.12 MB 
ID:	91414  

Hey Tonnichiwa

This will be interesting! Are you really going to do two maps... or just take the best one to completion?

Guild Expert

Hey Tonnichiwa, I was wondering if you could tell me the height of the cliff in the lower right corner of you're section which is right above mine... I'm trying to work on the area just below this, but have no idea how high the ground should be.

And the domes in you're map look really good, I especially like the blue ones, they look like there made of porcelain or something, the colours are really great.

Sorry Kacey, I don't really know how tall the hill is. I'm terrible at math and I was going for more of a picturesque map than one that accurately depicts the sizes of the hills. You can make it as high as you like I guess and then I will just say "ok, its that high".

Blog Entries

I'll update the overall map with whichever WIP has the wip tag on it else ill ignore it. That way you can choose which of the two will be your overall map sector choice.

Thanks Redrobes. Sounds good!

Ok, I've added a lot more. Some gardens, some buildings, some roads.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild City Castle Guild world test.PNG 
Views:	35 
Size:	6.51 MB 
ID:	91763  

Oh this is really starting to come together nicely now

A bit of an update. I added a few more gardens and changed out some buildings.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Guild City Castle Guild world test.PNG 
Views:	63 
Size:	6.55 MB 
ID:	92606  

Ah-ha! So you have decided to stick with CC3, and I see you are experimenting with different building sets?

I've suddenly discovered the automatic building drawing tool that allows you to set up styles of your own, with roof fills of your own, in any shape you want. Its a way of adding more variety if you are searching for something new (and its almost as addictive as Tetris once you get the hang of it) ? I did the slums at the western end of Atlas Ward that way

Great work - I like the way its shaping up

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast