Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08 - Mossbank [Meshon]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Very small update, I've been spending my map time on a commission, but it's done so I'm back at it. I'm still playing around with what's on the water (I imagine a shantytown where more nautical debris is traded), as well as the network of stairs, bridges, and platforms that get people from the top of the bank to the bottom and back again. I think I will add some more buildings to the southern half though. That's the "fancier" shopping area, but it needs more than just a few covered arcades.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section-8-still-sketching.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	373.1 KB 
ID:	91734

Cheers,
    Meshon

Looking good, Meshon

I love your idea about what to do with the water. It would have been a bit empty without something of interest just there

I agree, that shantytown/cliff part is looking really cool already. For sure there are quite some interesting things floating around in Guild-City's waterways!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

I agree with Mouse, great idea.

EDIT: Doh!! Ninja'd by Abu!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    I agree, that shantytown/cliff part is looking really cool already. For sure there are quite some interesting things floating around in Guild-City's waterways!
    Yes! One person's floating debris is another's fabulous treasure! PS I still need you to tell me how you make those wonderful lines for your buildings...

I'm glad the Water Market seems to meet with some approval! I'll be sure to aim docks at all the neighbours. There's probably a ferry service, just bring money!

... free for orphans carrying scavenged delights...

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

LOL! Well if that's the case I'll send them on over. The water extraction tower in my tiny bit of the lake also serves as a set of steps down to water level, a boat house, and a mooring post for quite a few small boats. Its the best I could do for a jetty in the allocated space

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! Well if that's the case I'll send them on over. The water extraction tower in my tiny bit of the lake also serves as a set of steps down to water level, a boat house, and a mooring post for quite a few small boats. Its the best I could do for a jetty in the allocated space
    Well if you do need more space for docks or quays, wharfs or jettys, feel free to push a little outward, just let me know what you need to add, I'll make sure there is room.

How about this for an idea...

You could use the tower to anchor that end of your village - land anchors being more reliable than underwater ones. We'd just need to line up the anchoring cables that way

You could even use the anchor cables as the basis for a chain ferry, though I have no crane at my end other than the one that's built into the core of the water tower for lifting small boats, so it would only be a passenger and 'light goods' terminal

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is looking really great Meshon. I love the concept you have going here.

The way you drew those "walks" down to the water level reminded me of this place, that I've been planning to visit for a while - I'm sure it will work as a nice model for you if you can find some drone-made pictures of it..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast