Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 08 - Mossbank [Meshon]

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    How about this for an idea...

You could use the tower to anchor that end of your village - land anchors being more reliable than underwater ones. We'd just need to line up the anchoring cables that way

You could even use the anchor cables as the basis for a chain ferry, though I have no crane at my end other than the one that's built into the core of the water tower for lifting small boats, so it would only be a passenger and 'light goods' terminal
    I'm on it! I'll make a tower and a dock, and we can work out how to connect them up. For the orphans!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    This is looking really great Meshon. I love the concept you have going here.
    Thank you! I'm hoping it will turn out to be a big mess…

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    The way you drew those "walks" down to the water level reminded me of this place, that I've been planning to visit for a while - I'm sure it will work as a nice model for you if you can find some drone-made pictures of it..
    That is really cool, thank you for the link, I'm definitely going to try to use some of that for reference.

Not a whole bunch done, but I've started in on the platforms for the water market. What a jumble! It's a wonder it doesn't sink…

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mossbank-Watermarket.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	92032

I'm not sure about the boards. The trouble is that they're small so they are a) hard to see and b) create a lot of density. I'll take some time to gaze at it and think about whether I can live with it.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,
    Meshon

Oh that's a bit inconvenient! My lovely paper surround is getting in the way of your vision. I will go and upload a transparent png version of my map on the WIP thread for everyone to use to plonk down on their own map so that they don't have to put up with it

EDIT: All done. Its a bit big! Its in the last post on my WIP thread for Atlas Ward Should make life a bit easier I hope
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-30-2017 at 05:52 PM.

I have no idea if these will help, but I have a set of shadow things for steps if you want them?

Attachment 92035

I could make similar to section a plain area into boards for you if you like?

I have no idea if these will help, but I have a set of shadow things for steps if you want them?

Attachment 92035

I could make similar to section a plain area into boards for you if you like?
    Hi Mouse, I'd love to see what you've made, but the attachment seems broken…

I have some stair bits too, in this album. They were all made when I was using a VTT to play DnD but they are sometimes handy overlays. There's another stack of them on my hard-drive somewhere…
    I think I made the spiral stair cases, since I was keen to build my own assets at the time, but I really can't say for sure. There's piles out there that all kind of look like this.

Thanks!
    Meshon

I've notice this happen before. Its like when I upload something really useful someone comes along and actually steals the whole caboodle - link and all! LOL!

Lets try that again (and they're really nothing compared to the ones I've just seen you upload)

I have a full set of these, from 1-15 steps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 step shadow.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	92048

Like I said - a bit plain compared to yours. I was thinking, however that you could do a sort of planking texture in a similar way, and stamp it down on the basic walkway shape to cut out a bit of that drawing job on the walkways?

I also have this:

Name:	cellar shadow.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	92049

and this

Name:	Full Banister.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	92050

and it wouldn't take very much effort to make all kinds of things that would make relatively short work of the boardwalk thing.

But I see that you can probably do that all by yourself already with your existing collection
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-30-2017 at 10:15 PM.

I've notice this happen before. Its like when I upload something really useful someone comes along and actually steals the whole caboodle - link and all! LOL!

Lets try that again (and they're really nothing compared to the ones I've just seen you upload)

I have a full set of these, from 1-15 steps.

Name:	14 step shadow.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	92048

Like I said - a bit plain compared to yours. I was thinking, however that you could do a sort of planking texture in a similar way, and stamp it down on the basic walkway shape to cut out a bit of that drawing job on the walkways?

I also have this:

Name:	cellar shadow.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	92049

and this

Name:	Full Banister.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	92050

and it wouldn't take very much effort to make all kinds of things that would make relatively short work of the boardwalk thing.

But I see that you can probably do that all by yourself already with your existing collection
    Those are great bits! Thanks for sharing them Mouse

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Oh thank you!

I have a nice/unusual surprise for anyone who likes shiny things coming up in the next hour, but I'd better put them in the resources section on their own thread. Don't know if they will be useful in the City map really, but I've made about 20 different crystal domes

Well that's trouble.

I did the boards how I wanted (note, many of the platforms are still to be done, both on the water and up the hill) but the problem is they are too small. Unless I make a very large image the boards get all pixelated. I guess this map is just meant to be big… I should probably start on some buildings soon!

### Latest WIP ###

cheers,
    Meshon

Name:	Mossbank.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	92223

Oh my... oh my - oh my!

How many boards?

Champion drawing job on those, Meshon keep going that way and you'll be a serious contender for a 'Straf Scale Frenzy' medal - along with Azelor and his myriad cobbles!

I like your boardwalks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast