Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Moonscar

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

A couple of updates.

I forgot the exit hole on the Ring of Agony. Here's an updated version with that added in -- no other changes. Both gridded and non.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ring-of-Agony.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	8.01 MB 
ID:	91676

Name:	Ring-of-Agony-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	7.97 MB 
ID:	91677

Also, on the Ring of Seduction, the final chamber before the exit is described thus:

The floor of this wide, round room is carved with seven-pointed crowns and ghastly figures of lust, misery, and pain. Heady frankincense smolders in incense burners shaped like seven-pointed crowns, and everywhere the sound of tiny invisible bells chimes in the still subterranean air. Votive lights are embedded in the honeycombed walls, casting faint illumination on a pair of tall arched doorways in the eastern and western walls. Beyond the eastern portal, a wide hole in the corridor floor leads down into darkness.
    I thought ghastly figures of lust, misery, and pain would probably prove visually distracting, and couldn't find a seven-pointed crown that I liked. So I just stuck Nocticula's unholy symbol and a runic inscription in the floor instead. Here it is with and without grid.

Name:	Ring-of-Seduction.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	6.37 MB 
ID:	91678

Name:	Ring-of-Seduction-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	6.43 MB 
ID:	91679

The unholy symbol of Nocticula is courtesy of the Paizo Community Use Package, specifically the Runes set. Therefore, I need to include the following. Ahem.

This map uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This map is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
    The script on the floor around it is written in the font Mage Script Bold.

Still dithering on decorations in the Ring of Ecstasy. Sigh.

Okay, here's the Ring of Ecstasy, with and without grids, in two versions. In both versions I used differing grid colors for differing map heights -- black grid on the stone corridors, white grid on the dirt floors. It might make more visual sense to have the darker grids lower, but the dark lines just didn't show up very well against the dirt-and-rock texture of the lower areas.

First up, a stock version which looks just like the one in the book, drab, dull, but accurate. The one small change I made here was making the catwalk out of wood instead of stone, just to lend even a tiny bit of color to the area.

Name:	Ring-of-Ecstasy.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	2.63 MB 
ID:	91823

Name:	Ring-of-Ecstasy-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	91824

And here's a slightly souped-up version with Streams of Eeeeevil™ on the floor of the main chamber. It was such a relief to get some COLOR into the map!

Name:	Ring-of-Ecstasy-with-streams.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	2.64 MB 
ID:	91825

Name:	Ring-of-Ecstasy-with-grid-and-streams.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	91826

I'm sure enterprising GMs can come up with hazards based around those. Maybe they emit a poisonous vapor. Maybe touching them fills you with unspeakable urges of some sort. Maybe they're just the world's biggest lava lamp and have no game effect.

The bed looks kind of derpy. But it'll do.

While watching this evening's Critical Role, I knocked out a couple more encounter maps for the Blighted Orchard areas. First up, just a road through the fetid jungle:

Name:	Demon-Forest-2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	91866

Name:	Demon-Forest-2-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	91867

20x20, 100px to the five-foot square. It's got bits of undergrowth beginning to peek up out of the soil. It has to be cleared regularly.

And here's a lakeside suitable for the encounter with Miglargu at A4:

Name:	Demon-Forest-3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	91868

Name:	Demon-Forest-3-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	2.69 MB 
ID:	91869

30x30, 100px to the five foot square.

I'm pleased with the shallows of the water on this one, but the deeper areas at the top left are unsatisfying. The water is supposed to be dark because the lake is on the moon -- no blue sky, and only a very minimal pocket of atmosphere to disperse the rays of the sun. But I tried to add glints on the ripples at the top left and it didn't work very well.

I really had no need to make a map for the Calling Stone at A6. My PC bypassed it completely, and will probably never visit the location.

But hey. I had an afternoon to kill. So here it is:

Name:	Sacrifice-Stone.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	3.36 MB 
ID:	91943

Name:	Sacrifice-Stone-with-grid.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.41 MB 
ID:	91945

With and without grid, 100px to the five-foot square, as usual.

The adventure describes it as a large clearing with a speckled bloodstone pillar with manacles and a rune. I minimized the vegetation accordingly. It didn't spell out bloodstains on the ground, but I figure Gzarnarath is probably not a tidy eater.

Great Maps! Remind me a little of the Crystalforest in World of Warcraft Frozen Throne, which lies under the City Dalaran, so Nostalgiabonus ! Keep going

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12