Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100% hand drawn in Campaign Cartographer 3+

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

LOL...Yeah! She does have that effect on people!

I spent hours pouring over internet tutorials on what Opacity is, what Linear Burn means, what is Color Theory, what adding an Overlay will do. I even tried looking for Photoshop Effects in CC3+ and guess what I found? all the articles on it were either Profantasy saying " Hey look, we added photoshop effects to CC3+", or people complaining that there aren't any photoshop effects in CC3+.

There are virtually no tutorials on how to use photoshop effects in CC3+. There is also no documentation from the company on how to use those effects in the program. They only mention that they added them, not how to use them.

So hopefully I can get better at this sort of thing and come up with easier ways of doing it without using the automatic draw tools in CC3+.

If I do get really good at it then I will write a tutorial on it so everyone can learn how.

I learned what they did by trial and error, so yes, a tutorial would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    @Chickpea: Thanks Chickpea. Believe it or not, you are the reason I actually tried doing this. When I heard what you said to Mouse about her trying to make something using Gimp, I just HAD to try using CC3+ to try something by hand too. Thanks for that!
    Aww, well I'm glad to hear my comment encouraged you to try something new. I think that's the essence of the Guild, actually. Everyone inspires others to try new things and take their art further. Long may it continue!

I can appreciate the difficulties you're facing. Although I don't use CC3+, I love to work with Inkscape and, being vector, it has somewhat similar limitations. I tend to use Gimp & Inkscape in combination, since it's just easier that way. Also, Inkscape can be a bit crashy when you push it too far (and I always push it too far!) I hope you will write a tutorial on what you're doing for CC3+ users, as I'm sure it'll be helpful to many.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12