Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP Map : The Barryngale Dominions

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

Good day!

Been working on it today again. Started looking for some colors, sketching the Barryngale overview (floating island), new compass, new shorelines... It's going well! (For those wondering, the big dark spot is the area under the floating island, it's wicked).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Barryngale DominionsWIP3.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	8.94 MB 
ID:	91342
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

It's going well indeed Mimine! The transition of colors looks great. I like the new additions to the landscape in the west a lot. Especially the reed. Haven't seen these on any swamp/marshland depiction on a map before. A great little detail. Also looking forward to see the mysteries of that dark spot unveiled one day!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Thanks again Abu! There are a lot of reed in Québec's swamps, I used to play with them a lot with my sister when we were young. My parents were desperate as there was so much "foam" coming out of them, they would see clouds of it in the backyard!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

That looks great Mimine! You have an artistic eye.

Indeed, nice use of cattails/reeds.

Thank you Chashio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Thanks again Abu! There are a lot of reed in Québec's swamps, I used to play with them a lot with my sister when we were young. My parents were desperate as there was so much "foam" coming out of them, they would see clouds of it in the backyard!
    Yes, i remember this too, it makes a hell of a mess when ripped apart Also, we made fine little boats out of the leaves, and not to forget using them to pipe! (or better, to crow)
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    Attachment 91271

Good morning guys! Worked a little bit on my map, added some more details / forests. Still can't draw any more mountains, I'm frustrated just to see them. Worked on the borders, too.
    Just started perusing through this thread, Mimine, and I love the shape of the landmass you've created. This is a beautiful continuation of what you've started. In the iteration you've posted here, I'm really loving the colors and techniques you've used to create your ocean - a stage I'm trying to become proficient at with my current WIP (thanks in large part to the help of Abu Lafia). Would love to hear any tips you have for creating an ocean for a beginner using GIMP with a mouse

Well thank you very much Chris, I really appreciate! The thing is... I do not have much merit for it, for I just put a grunge texture over flat colors roughly blended together! Actually, on a further version (that I will post soon) I changed the texture because I got tired of this one. But I will sure be overly happy to help if you have any questions or if you need tips! <3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Barryngale DominionsWIP4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	7.09 MB 
ID:	91474

COLORED FORESTS!
    I really like it! I still need to add some depth in them. Started to scribble the different territories AND finally had the strength to draw A LITTLE more mountains hehe.

Nice colors. The shields are original but sadly, they are also very blurry.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast