Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 26 - Feyward [Chashio]

This is really shaping up into a nice little collection here chashio
    Remember to chat with your neighbors, you now have two active ones
    Maybe some interplay could occur between them, like common market stuff and restaurants, etc.

Is this your first city/town map thing? It's really playing out nicely.

Could a CL please change the thread title to Feyward? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This is really shaping up into a nice little collection here chashio
    Remember to chat with your neighbors, you now have two active ones
    Maybe some interplay could occur between them, like common market stuff and restaurants, etc.

Is this your first city/town map thing? It's really playing out nicely.
    Yes, first city map thing. I did attempt a very small iso town a long while back. This one is going better.
    It is a rather eclectic little collection, isn't it.
    Hmm... I'll have to come up with an appropriate assortment of locations and whatnot to put in when I get around to labeling. Errm... Anyone, have suggestions? [neighbors and more distant citizens and all ]

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    There ya go
    Thank you, esteemed city founder/CL!
    At least now I've got a name to begin working off of.

LOL! I'll sort the Index reference for you

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! I'll sort the Index reference for you
    Thanks Mouse! Much appreciated

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

"Very interesting city section you have going on here. But it seems you have a bit of a dragon problem. We wouldn't want the August Grandmaster of Guild City to have his hair singed off by a passing dragon now would we."

In all seriousness this is very cool. I love the very long building you have put in and the way your city just seems to flow naturally around the streets. Great job so far

Hey Chashio, sorry i haven't responded earlier, i'm still feeling a bit dizzy from drooling over these "little bits of progress" . It's truly awesome what you're doing over here! Your district has this wonderful "naturally grown" urban flair to it. Regarding the main road between our districts you asked about in my thread, i think directly underneath flows a river to the lake, so we could think about doing something with it? Btw. The little dragon looks really cool! I'd love to see it too if she/he has some kind of impact on the district (although my folks won't dare to cross the street until they now more about the dragon's diet ). I think this cute fellow would make a nice "centre" to spin the story of your district and its buildings around.

Edit: Oh, just realized you have a new name for your district now ... hmm sounds familiar, haven't we been neighbours in good peace for ages back in the far west?
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 01-16-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    "Very interesting city section you have going on here. But it seems you have a bit of a dragon problem. We wouldn't want the August Grandmaster of Guild City to have his hair singed off by a passing dragon now would we."

In all seriousness this is very cool. I love the very long building you have put in and the way your city just seems to flow naturally around the streets. Great job so far
    "Haha, no, no we wouldn't. But dragons are generally not so rude as that. Perhaps if they catch a cold and sneeze, which has happened in the past I will admit... burned down whole rows of buildings when the dragon population in the city caught a bad bug from somewhere. But such is a rare occurrence nowadays. Cleaner streets. Better medical facilities and whatnot. And, well, dragons just tend to sleep a lot, so there's very little risk of them just passing by."

Thanks Tonnichiwa! This city building stuff is all very new to me and the feedback is heartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    Hey Chashio, sorry i haven't responded earlier, i'm still feeling a bit dizzy from drooling over these "little bits of progress" . It's truly awesome what you're doing over here! Your district has this wonderful "naturally grown" urban flair to it. Regarding the main road between our districts you asked about in my thread, i think directly underneath flows a river to the lake, so we could think about doing something with it? Btw. The little dragon looks really cool! I'd love to see it too if she/he has some kind of impact on the district (although my folks won't dare to cross the street until they now more about the dragon's diet ). I think this cute fellow would make a nice "centre" to spin the story of your district and its buildings around.

Edit: Oh, just realized you have a new name for your district now ... hmm sounds familiar, haven't we been neighbours in good peace for ages back in the far west?
    Thanks Abu!
    Yes, there is the river under the road... but I'm not sure what to do with it besides maybe some more greenery and perhaps interesting fountains or wells for drinking water for travelers?
    There should be some stuff with dragons in here, yep. Still evolving and whatnot. Originally I had in mind to draw charred rubble around the place if this all didn't go so well. Now I'm not sure.

Notes on some possible things/places/stuffs for labeling when I get to that point... and I would love to hear any other suggestions if you have them!

Scribes Circle
    The Quarrel - inn/tavern/pub - frequented by writers and ? workers
    The Loose Leaf - pub/tavern/teahouse/smokeshoppe

Gold Dragon Paper Co. - toilet paper, specialty papers & stationary, book pages, paper currency (?)
    - Pulpery [for fruity-scented papers]/Mill,
    - Wharehouses [finished product/supply stores],

Hogswallow’s Fine Quality Pigments - for artist paints and paper and dyes and inks

Fine Feyr ? - food/eatery/restaurant/import shoppe of fine Fey produce & products? chocolates?

The Gallimaufry - (noun. a confused jumble or medly of things) an area with lots of stuffs.

The Arbor - (noun. a shady hmm? garden alcove with sides + roof formed by trees or climbing plants trained over a wooden framework)
    EntAilments/EntAlements - some sort of apothecary? run by tree-folk?
    Arbor Vitae - could be eulogy writer-stonewood carver/engraver(gravestone)/speaker for dead type of thing, or ... purveyor of ent whiskey, or ... City Arborist/Landscaping (this could be for EntAilments maybe/maybe not?)

? Transport Rental Shoppe - Horse/Taxi/Bike/Palanquin [fey-enchanted thread? legged/walking(not flying) carpets... also baskets/containers that follow you around, for market use]

Medical Facility/Hospital ?
    Charms & Spells ?
    Banks / Foreign Currency Exchange / Moneylenders ?
    Bakeries, Eateries, Restaurants, Coffee/Tea Shops
    Oddities/Fineries/Sundries,
    Artisan studios, painters, tapestry designer/maker, dragon-heat porcelain?,
    ?????

Those are excellent chashio
    I would love to see all of those, particularly the paper company. oh, and the rental transport, which is a great idea, by the way

Bringing the Fey flavor to your section is going to add some very cool elements here.
    I will offer more suggestions a bit later, as I am almost ready to do an update myself also.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast