Thread: Asteroid Pirate Base

Default Asteroid Pirate Base

So I decided to create an asteroid pirate base. I've previously created the Thunderbird class 600 displacement ton Heavy Corsair star ship favored by space pirates. This is a secret pirate, forward operations base with docking shafts for 4 corsairs. Shaft elevators at the base of each shaft rise to the level of the open doors allowing ships to safely land, then are lowered into the shaft. Since each ship has a crew of 10, with 10 cold sleep pods capable of holding marines, each ship comfortably holds 20 pirates. Thus 4 ships is 80 pirates. The base itself is operated by a permanent staff of 40 for a total 120 (military company sized), including administration, mechanics, physicians, tavern staff, contracted attorneys, a shadow bank officer, etc. There will be multiple levels including habitat levels, warehouse/vault level, engineering, base operations etc. This is a work in progress.

Of course I'm using Xara Designer Pro x11, a vector drawing application and photo texture fills, some one-way 3D extrusions, bevels and shadows.

GP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asteroid-station.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	5.14 MB 
ID:	91256Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asteroid-station-docking-bay.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	5.79 MB 
ID:	91257
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

More on the Asteroid pirate station. I've updated the docking bay, placing a lowering gangway armature to each shaft, with one that is lowered with a ship undergoing routine maintenance. I've placed tool cabinets in each shaft as well as fuel/coolant dispensers. The ship diagonally opposite the ship getting maintenance, is a ship being refueled. The top right ship is getting unloaded.

The next level contains the power plant, base operation systems, the station water reservoir and the hydrogen fuel tank.

Next will be the warehouse and vault level, and the habitat level. Work-in-progress.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-docking-bay.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	6.17 MB 
ID:	91315Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asteroid-station-engineering.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	6.13 MB 
ID:	91316
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected zhar2's Avatar

Where do they sleep?

Coming soon, on a level near you - probably the next level down, I design. I need to create a warehouse/vault level, and a habitat level with rooms, barracks area, restaurant/tavern/gambling hall and administration.
    DrivethruRPG store

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Already looking very impressive, GP!

Working on the habitat level of the Asteroid Station map, work in progress. So far the top left is the station personnel berths with common latrine with showers. Top right is the mess hall/restaurant and bar with a full kitchen behind the wall. Between them is a laundromat area. Bottom left will be administration, as a combination office area and bridge. Bottom right is a computer/electronics repair shop as one quarter, and three quarters as the base sick bay. A bit more than half done with this level.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-habitat.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	6.88 MB 
ID:	91381
    DrivethruRPG store

Well it took longer to export than to create the warehouse level itself. Included here is the warehouse level and the completed version of the habitat level of the Asteroid Station. Now, though I claimed this is for a company of space pirates, but could easily serve as a naval outpost station, a police agency or a military corporate outpost.

GP

Name:	asteroid-station-warehouse.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	6.42 MB 
ID:	91403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asteroid-station-habitat.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	7.13 MB 
ID:	91404
    DrivethruRPG store

Like it, seems rather spacious.

I figured the station is designed to fit the ships more than to accommodate anything else, so the habitat level may be a bit spacious (though the crew berths are pretty tight). Keeping it modular makes it easier to construct.
    DrivethruRPG store

Well also space can always be a backup, imagine it had to take in refugees or a large amount of cargo, the corridors could be used just like they are in hospitals, as backups.