Quote Originally Posted by djan View Post
I want to start on my part now, ... but first finish my challenge map...
Yes, I have been neglecting my monthly challenge as well... need to get back on that 12 more days ish...

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
If you go up a level to the Community World Build Projects section there is a bunch of topics there. One of them is the zoomable map of GuildCity. GuildCity is one of hundreds of cities within GuildWorld. In the community topics there is a zoom map of Guild World too. If you use that and zoom around and find the bottom right sandy coloured section of the main continent then when you zoom in a little ways you will find an icon which is where GuildCity lives on the whole world. If you click that icon it takes you to GuildCity the zoomable map.

Were hoping that we can have some sections within GuildCity with some more links so that we can zoom in some more. Maybe have a sewers / underground layer and maybe some links to threads which contain the interior maps for some of the buildings. My personal hope is that we could build a world and map some of it to a level where you could easily RPG in it without having the overhead of massive mapping ordeal to go through. Once it reaches a certain threshold then I would hope that people using it to RPG might add to it progressively - or add background ideas and campaign notes to the world to flesh it out.

Thats the plan anyway ! Whether we can pull it off is basically dependent on how well it goes or how popular it becomes.
Well, I do have a cave underneath my section I need to map out eventually... as far as how well it goes/ popularity I'm putting my vote for an annual/ semi-annual/ biannual (not sure how often people will be ready for something like this) event for picking a city or area to do a community event to map out. The options are (almost) endless. We could map out caves in one of the mountain ranges, buildings within the cities, even different cities with different angles (some cities could be smaller so we get a smaller section so maybe have an angled view for more details instead of top down.) Along with being fun, it gets people to try different styles of mapping as well. Pushing our boundaries. Perhaps I am getting ahead of myself... just some food for thought.