Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Not seeing an attachment.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Not seeing an attachment.
    There was an attachment.. but I noticed that I had left some layers on that weren't supposed, so I deleted the attachment to re-upload the proper thing. Then I had to leave the house for a thing, then a couple of hours passed... then now, attachment will be available shortly.

EDIT: done!

You seem to be plagued by upload problems!

Now I can see it too, I can also see that you have done quite a lot more work in the north of the region. Nice going, Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You seem to be plagued by upload problems!
    Let's hope not this time

I've taken a few happy steps towards completion, I think. (although completion is still so faaar..) Roof shadows are done and many of the cast shadows from buildings as well.
    I also spent some time rehearsing ground coloring (you can see it on the west side, near the city wall gate, itself not on my section) - I would really like feedback on that area.
    Another thing that is "improved" is that roofs now have some variation on color, as planned, and the colors are also a bit less saturated than the original orangey. It feels a step in the right direction to me, but again, never sure and your feedback is precious.
    As for the southern portion, the ruins - they still lay there undone and in my mind... daunting.

so, here is the
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 21 _wip_10.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	94713

Looking forward for critique...
    Last edited by Pixie; 04-18-2017 at 01:04 PM.

I see everybody is very busy underground in a damp, cold, miserable and scary dungeon. And having fun with it. Well, all that fun and activity actually took me to revisit the monastery these last couple of days.

Not that I have the time for it, but I got myself a UGEE tablet to see if the box came with drawing skills. It didn't. But I would never be able to continue coloring and shading experiments without it. Beats using a mouse by so much!

So, since we're back at community projects, and since Azelor and J.Edward already stepped in the City again, here's my update:

Finished bits towards the top left of the section, yay
    wholy incomplete at the bottom, oooh,

Name:	Section 21 _wip_11.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	101523

Yay glad to be in the city with ya Pixie.
    I just said hey to Azelor over in his thread.
    I'm glad we've still got some activity in the city.

Maybe you could make a shrub brush and fill the lower bit with vegetation :O
    Or maybe a vineyard... or some rows of crops.
    I've done that [where appropriate] and to fill space.

Thanks for the ideas, J.Edward. I'm definitely making the ruins... just need to sit down and do them, that's all, as always

I've decided to get the map finished from top to bottom, and being the perfectionist freak I am, that means small steps at a time. It's just that hobby time for this comes in little droplets, so updates are sparse and awesomeless..

Still, anyway, here comes another one. Added the grounds where the monastery monks grow their new world potatoes, their fresh ideas citruses and the naturally shaped coastalbergines. It's drawn out of a satellite map of the Escorial Monastery in Spain (which, incidentally, dwarfs this monastery of mine... )

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Section 21 _wip_12.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	4.19 MB 
ID:	101962

It's looking great.
    About the size, the Monastery you linked is about as big as a whole district, not even counting the surrounding lands attached to it.
    My district is 95 000 m2. That seems like a huge area but it's just a square 309 by 309 m.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    My district is 95 000 m2. That seems like a huge area but it's just a square 309 by 309 m.
    Yeah, districts aren't huge, but when it becomes a matter of filling them with details, they don't exactly feel small.

One other metric is population density. Your district is roughly 2/3 of mine and houses maybe 10x more people. I guess your temple caters to a wider population than my strictest monastery

This is looking really cool now

Can't wait for the ruins!

I am working on mine - at a snails pace. It's on the way though

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast