Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Dont' want to make this thread about me, it is about the map... but I have to say, "organized" doesn't describe me. I've got WIP's in this forum that are several years old by now, and that are neither finished nor abandoned.

Some more hours of work at this work in progress and this is where I'm at, at this day and age.. a bit more of linework, some more primary coloring, some more shadows.

I wish I had more time and I wish I had more to show, but I thought I could just as well post some "movement forward" to see if I can help some of the folks to find their enthusiasm boots again.
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 21 _wip_08.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	2.79 MB 
ID:	94002
    Last edited by Pixie; 03-26-2017 at 04:47 AM.

Sorry Pixie - think something went wrong with the attachment. I'm getting the invalid error message.

Fixed it, the latest WIP is now properly uploaded.

Oh my! The detail in your shadows is superb

Looking good. The roof in the west corner house didn't fill completely. Some of those buildings are kind of exciting. I'm looking forward to the labels so I can find out what they are .

You are not alone , I started work on my section again as well, and a had some stuff done even before I took a break that I never uploaded, so I'm going to do a progress shot sometime this week. Just got to get enough houses to make a more convincing fill. Slow and steady.

Really nice. I especially like the positioning of the buildings with respect to each other, and the shapes of the plots of land. Somehow, it looks very right, or realistic.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

It's coming along nicely ! The atmosphere of your district is very colorful, very sunny! It seems like a nice place to live!

Good colors and nice details. I like your trees!

Thank you all for the nice comments. This is still far from finished, but we're getting there. All houses are drawn and "pre"-colored. I say pre-colored because I don't think I'll keep this uniformity in roof colors all the way to the final version. It was just an experimental color that is spilling over form its original intent. But anyway... all houses are in, but I think I need more trees before I can call that bit done as well. In terms of shadows, I'm done with the larger bulk of houses and halfway through with the monastery.
    I'm now dreading to start the ruins and the park associated, because I fear that I won't be able to draw that with the quality I've achieved so far (proudly).
    And a very important step yet to be taken is the linework/texturing of the different grounds. That will take a while too...

Anyway, here's one step closer to finished:
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Section 21 _wip_09.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	94478
    (this time as a transparent .png, not showing the neighbours)
    Last edited by Pixie; 04-10-2017 at 07:03 AM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast