Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

I know when I had to issue designs for my shed the main reason I was in some dispute over the angle of attack of my shed roof was due to the snow. Snow weighs some enormous amount per m^2 so if you get 6" of snow then the size of the rafters holding up the roof have to cope. The amount / depth of snow that can accumulate on a roof is proportional to its angle and like an avalanche, it slides off after a certain amount. Also, when wind blows roof tiles. flat ones tend to lift up and blow away. So flatter tiled roofs have metal ties on some of the tiles to hold them down.

I am taking the terrain to be really hot tho. If water is so scarce that this city lept up from nothing due to these water filled crevasses then it cant be all that cold and so unlikely to snow. But thats just my take from the initial convos we had.

Edit: I recall deep snow in about 1978 - 1980 type time frame. Was the only time I recall where it went up to my waist in places. But we have had a few inches of snow about 5 years ago.
    Edit2: Hey look - Devon 1978: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HSff1h8g2Q
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-18-2017 at 06:49 PM.