Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 39 - Engineering & Power District [Snodsy]

Guild Expert

Looks great Snodsy, that drawing of the bridge, and dam is really cool in the corner, I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Thanks Straf, I've only been here for a short time (2 years), guess I should figure out what all those icons mean
    Hey as long as your great state keeps producing the best whiskeys on the planet I'm really happy to help Is Mainstrasse in Covington still a busy little place? Especially the Old Cock and Bull - that was the very first place I ever had Newcastle Brown Ale on draught, despite me originally coming from Newcastle. It's only in bottles here in the UK. Sadly it's now brewed in Yorkshire - globalisation cares not for heritage.

Beautiful work (sorry - starting to sound like a broken record!)

One question: that pipe thing that goes into the face of the cliff into Robbie's patch from the pumping station - the leftmost one of the two. You show the larger piece of it as if from ISO view... or is it just shaped with a sloping cut so that it would look that way anyway from above? I'm a bit confused about it because everything else seems to be pure top down view.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Looks great Snodsy, that drawing of the bridge, and dam is really cool in the corner, I like that.
    Thanks Kacey - it was done in Adobe Illustrator and cut and pasted as a smart object, I thought the blue/purple would make it seem more architectural?

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Hey as long as your great state keeps producing the best whiskeys on the planet I'm really happy to help Is Mainstrasse in Covington still a busy little place? Especially the Old Cock and Bull - that was the very first place I ever had Newcastle Brown Ale on draught, despite me originally coming from Newcastle. It's only in bottles here in the UK. Sadly it's now brewed in Yorkshire - globalisation cares not for heritage.
    Yeah that Limestone and underwater springs makes for a pretty good bourbon - If you make it here again, you'll have to do the Bourbon Trail and visit a few distillers.
    Cock & Bull still there and doing well, they have outdoor setting during good weather out on Main Strasse, I live about 10 minutes from there. I like Newcastle as well, but lately been more IPA guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Beautiful work (sorry - starting to sound like a broken record!)

One question: that pipe thing that goes into the face of the cliff into Robbie's patch from the pumping station - the leftmost one of the two. You show the larger piece of it as if from ISO view... or is it just shaped with a sloping cut so that it would look that way anyway from above? I'm a bit confused about it because everything else seems to be pure top down view.
    You don't have to apologize for telling me it's beautiful See know harm in that. Thanks for catching that you are right, I wasn't thinking clearly, just trying to get the idea of a pipe, I'll fix that. Thanks.

The new additions look great, Snodsy. But that technical style drawing of the bridge/dam is just awesome!!

Update, pretty much finished with power area, sketched in all areas and working on old town. Comments welcome.
    ### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	District39_6.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	91849

Its totally beautiful, snodsy

I think your area must be larger than mine (or I'm doing my houses too large )

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This is really well done Snodsy. I like the way you have drawn the side drawing of the mechanisms and I like how your buildings look. I also like how you have drawn your elevations and all of the tiny little details that I could spend all day combing over just to see what little visual treats you've left us.

I better go back and check scale again, however the Old Town does have smaller home that the other areas will have, but some might be undersized

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its totally beautiful, snodsy

I think your area must be larger than mine (or I'm doing my houses too large )

LOL! More likely I've given my people palaces, rather than houses

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast