Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 39 - Engineering & Power District [Snodsy]

Looks very very cool so far. It's got an atmosphere like a very precise blueprint, which is perfect. Do you have any thoughts on how electric reviver towers would be? I'm thinking large toruses of copper coils with the doughnut hole pointing at your district.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I think your area must be larger than mine (or I'm doing my houses too large )
    Some districts are much larger than others. For instance Meshons district (my neighbor) is at least twice as large as my district.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    Some districts are much larger than others. For instance Meshons district (my neighbor) is at least twice as large as my district.
    You are right, but even so, I've gone back to measure my own houses again, just to make sure

I think they are ok, if an average width is about 20 foot, and the smallest is no less than about 10 foot wide (enough for a bed across the width of the house, a stairwell and a path between the two)

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    You are right, but even so, I've gone back to measure my own houses again, just to make sure

I think they are ok, if an average width is about 20 foot, and the smallest is no less than about 10 foot wide (enough for a bed across the width of the house, a stairwell and a path between the two)
    I think I will bump up my OLD Town and then make none smaller than 15'-20'. (My outer roads are drawn at 15' wide (3 grid units)

Update District 39 Engineering & Power
    Buildings mostly drawn (roof lines still to do), Tree/Topo shadows basically done - Southeastern Houses started shadowing. Drew engineering compass/border elements (not done). Labeled POWER PLANT elements of NW quad. I'll be grunge it up a bit later, stones on the road/tracks/etc.

Comments welcome. ### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	District39_8.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	92014

I love the map, but I adore the drawing of the bridge dam in the bottom left hand corner!

Wonderful snodsy, really looks like a campus !

Finished shadows, working on roof lines and small details. Added street names. Comments welcome.

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	District39_9.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	2.04 MB 
ID:	92217

This will be done soon enough, and it looks great.

But oy, it is making me feel way behind with people starting to finish up. Guess I better stop taking a break and get back on it.

Guild Expert

This looks great Snodsy, I think you're one of my favorite city mappers, you're lines always look nice, and clean, and I love the way you do you're shadows especially on the cliffs, it's something I've admired on you're other maps as well. I wonder if you could shed some light on how you do the shadows I really struggle with mine, what blend mode, and colours do you use to get that effect? Whenever I try everything under the shadows gets sort of muddy looking, is there a trick to this?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast