Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 25 - No name yet [Poison]

Wip 25 - Weavers and Dyers [Poison]

Dropping a thread here in advance, in case anyone wants to drop suggestions or comments for section 25!

Neighbours:
    26 Chashio (across the water)
    27 Abu
    Last edited by Poison; 01-15-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Hey Poison, wonderful to see you joining the fun and welcome to the neighbourhood! With you and Chashio next to my district now, for sure the cayadian folks will enjoy their weekend strolls, marvelling at the artistic beauty that is going on across. I planned to have a silk spinnery in the eastern part at your border, but it was in a phase when i was still all alone down here, so i'm totally open to think about something entirely different. Maybe something that somewhat reaches across our "border"? Really curious to see what will emerge over here!
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

I could try to tie in to the silk spinnery! Weavers and dye-makers would be a fun project to tackle. Maybe something like the dye pits in Fez? It would make sense for the production chain to be grouped in one area. Perhaps the Cayadian people jealously guard the secret of the spinning of the silk?

Perhaps I can throw in a temple to some relevant god(dess) and a little park, and that might well fill up my little area.

Yeah these sort of dye pits are a great idea to work with. Bet you'll have a lot of fun with all the nice colors! I already was struggling how to incorporate all the infrastructure /production chain around the spinnery into this little part, so it would be awesome if you like the idea to work on weavers and dyers. Ofc the knowledge about the silk production process itself is jealously guarded. Although i heard in Guild City no secret is save forever. That's also the reason why the old patriarch of the zargian merchant dynasty is still outraged (and got his second heart attack) about the unauthorized "outsourcing" of a manufacture to Guild City by one of the family's offspring.
    Map is not territory...

Sounds perfect, Abu! Some of the artisans on my side may be trying to weave themselves into the good graces of the spinners - who knows what secrets can be found after a glass of wine and a well-placed compliment

Well then ... Chin chin! XD
    Map is not territory...

Roll on the colours!

Will there be hecklers in your area too, or do you only work with pre-heckled fleece?

Love the ideas forming over here.
    I need to get some going in my ward so as to keep up with it all... hmm...

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

This will be great to see grow. Awesome idea!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast