Thread: 43 - The Laug Inn and the Ree Members [WarliN]

Default 43 - The Laug Inn and the Ree Members [WarliN]

Hi all, Guild city Members !
    Sorry for being late at the party, but real world constraints, you know...
    I manage to throw down some few basics ideas for this part of the city. Tell me what you think about it.
    When the city was not as thriving as it is currently, those coming to do business in the city regularly passed through the Laug Inn. At this place, a secret community worshiping a forgotten deity, Ree, put in mind to identify all of the citizens of the city who would have passed there. They call them the Ree Members. They give each citizen a nickname (the Usher name, in memory of their founder, the big bald guy Usher) and a secret identity which they use only in their community when they walk in the street of the city (the passing word).
    So in this part of the city, some basic structures at the beginning :
    -A big inn, a monastery for the Ree Members.
    -Perhaps some wineries properties and breweries or distilleries of sugarcane according to the climate.
    I'm trying to envision how this part of the city might evolve depending on the neighborhood, and if you have any idea...
    Some first draft as soon as possible.
    Cheers !

Hey Warlin

Sounds interesting. The climate isn't as dry as we initially thought it was. Azelor very kindly did a bit of research about cities in the real world that exist at similar latitudes (about 12 degrees south of the equator) and came up with a list of references, which I copied into the FAQ thread. You can get to that by clicking the link in my signature (I carry it around with me because I'm forever having to set up a new link to it in 'this' or 'that' comment otherwise).

Your immediate neighbours are Ranger and Zhar2, so it might be worth having a look at their threads, just in case you can see opportunities for cross boundary cooperation. Others are in the process of building dams and whatnot between them, for example.

Looking forward to seeing your first WIP

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Hello neighbor, thought I realize it is a small border. You also share water with Diamond and we all three share the waterfall.

Sounds like a nice little place. I look forward to seeing how that turns out.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Fun background, Warlin! Looking forward to see how the Laug Inn looks like.