Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Year Down and Hopefully Many More to Come

Mappy mappiversary (yes, twice !) ! Hope to see many more of your so unique maps

Congratulations GLS! I've always thought you had been here for longer too.
    Tang is awesome!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Happy Mappiversary indeed! It's hard to believe that you haven't been here longer GLS. I remember when you did your first light challenge because I loved your map so much. And I've enjoyed watching your skills grow and change. I've only had an active account since December of 2014 but I was actually looking at this site since January 1st 2014.

Believe it or not, I am forever grateful to the Profantasy company, the ones who make Campaign Cartographer 3+ because they linked the guild to their website and that is how I found this place. So I lurked on this site for almost a year before joining.

And I agree with you that the guild has been one of the most positive places on the web that I have ever visited. I think it is truly amazing. Rarely do people get along so well anywhere.

Your snake reminds me of the one from Kung Fu Panda.. one of the five legendary heroes. And even the name seems to evoke that image in my mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other creative things you have in store for us throughout the years. Congrats again on a year with the Guild!

Blog Entries

If you join up a day after someone else then it always appears that they have been here forever ! But only a year - crikey. What a positive impression you have made in a year. Your rep score trounces mine and at the end of this year it will be my 10th anniversary. Well done - hope your 2017 year is better than 2016.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Mappy mappiversary (yes, twice !) ! Hope to see many more of your so unique maps
    Haha, yes, well done! Hope to see more of your great style, meeting doodles, and Bowie puns around for the years to come!

Even though you were actually a couple of months ahead, like Josiah, I always feel like you joined about the same time as me too, so it's been great having you there alongside.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Congratulations GLS! I've always thought you had been here for longer too.
    Tang is awesome!
    Thanks, Matthew. Yeah, well I have been here a little bit longer than you, so I guess that's understandable. Mind you, you two VE twins are so easy to mix up with your avatars and graet skills, I keep thinking you've been around a lot longer too!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonnichiwa View Post
    Happy Mappiversary indeed! It's hard to believe that you haven't been here longer GLS. I remember when you did your first light challenge because I loved your map so much. And I've enjoyed watching your skills grow and change. I've only had an active account since December of 2014 but I was actually looking at this site since January 1st 2014.

Believe it or not, I am forever grateful to the Profantasy company, the ones who make Campaign Cartographer 3+ because they linked the guild to their website and that is how I found this place. So I lurked on this site for almost a year before joining.

And I agree with you that the guild has been one of the most positive places on the web that I have ever visited. I think it is truly amazing. Rarely do people get along so well anywhere.

Your snake reminds me of the one from Kung Fu Panda.. one of the five legendary heroes. And even the name seems to evoke that image in my mind.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other creative things you have in store for us throughout the years. Congrats again on a year with the Guild!
    Thanks Tony. It's great to hear how you've found it such a positive place too and got directed here by the Profantasy lot. They seem to help a lot of people find here, which is so good to know.

It's good to see you back and active again on the Guild with some great maps produced recently and I'm sure even better ones to come.

Tang is definitely one of those warriors in spirit, though she just prentends on the outside to be a bit lazy sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    If you join up a day after someone else then it always appears that they have been here forever ! But only a year - crikey. What a positive impression you have made in a year. Your rep score trounces mine and at the end of this year it will be my 10th anniversary. Well done - hope your 2017 year is better than 2016.
    Thanks, Redrobes, and that positive impression certainly couldn't have been made without all the help I got from all you guys. As for rep, I think the challenges have helped a lot with that and yours doesn't even come come to reflecting all the hard work that you put into everything you do at the Guild, but don't worry, you're certainly not unappreciated and I look forwards to celebrating your decade at the Guild later this year.

Hey GLS happy anniversary, glad your here! Went back and looked through your maps, if so cool to see how far people have come and you are no exception, you can definitely see the improvement and confidence in your work. Hope 2017 is Map Happy for you as well as other areas in your life. Congrates and keep 'em coming!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12