Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Road Battlemap

Trees would make more sense than drawing teeny tiny shadows of dandelion flowers! Now, just need to find some top down trees...

You have probably already spotted this one, because you have a thread of your own in the same forum, but here might be a good place to start looking. There are, I know, photorealistic trees in the CSUAC set mentioned in the first post.

CSUAC - think I've heard that term before. I have found some that, by the looks of where they are, I originally downloaded from the Dundjinni forums. Not a clue what the license is on them though.

License details should be available at the point where you downloaded them. Since I don't know which particular trees you are talking about, it would probably be best to check the source page.

EDIT: If you no longer have the source page details you could always do a Google image search to find it

Unfortunately with the Dundjinni forums down, it's a bit harder checking for the license on anything I have from there. I have a feeling that the majority of stuff was fine for any use, but not everything. And I think I've had these about seven years! The names aren't terribly helpful for searches either. Still, I might be able to find something and then be able to check archive.org.

Take it from one who knows - where there is doubt, don't use it.

Many of the Dundjinni symbols have been collected together into a vast library you can reach from here

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Take it from one who knows - where there is doubt, don't use it.

Many of the Dundjinni symbols have been collected together into a vast library you can reach from here
    Yes, if you can't say for certain what the license is, assume you can't use it (I got an argument over this with someone who insisted that everything on the internet was fine to use how you wanted, because it's in the "public domain." They also "knew the law."). So, everything on that site is fine by the looks of it? Glad I upgraded my internet connection recently!

Unbelievably, I did manage to find the source page: http://dundjinni.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=10840 Can't access it though

It also pays to read the EULA very, very carefully if you intend to make use of symbols contained in a licenced set, and if you have any difficulty understanding the convoluted or ambiguous points that most of these flowery documents contain (as I do), contact the person or company who owns the licence and ask them straight out if 'this' or 'that' is acceptable before you begin.

Yes, it's always best to err on the side of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by egdcltd View Post
    Unfortunately with the Dundjinni forums down, it's a bit harder checking for the license on anything I have from there. I have a feeling that the majority of stuff was fine for any use, but not everything. And I think I've had these about seven years! The names aren't terribly helpful for searches either. Still, I might be able to find something and then be able to check archive.org.
    I did manage to get on Dundjinni for a short time using your link. I found that those trees were posted by a DJ member named Adam Kadmon. He posted a bunch of trees, got a lot of positive feedback and then disappeared. He did not post anything about a EULA or restrictions. He simply stated "I come bearing gifts" meaning the trees. It would be very difficult to actually get permission, but I and many others have used these trees quite often and I would not hesitate to do so again.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast