Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Havenrock

@Josiah VE, I used Photoshop for the linework with a pressure sensitive tablet.
    I have a pencil brush preset I picked up somewhere, can't remember exactly but there are tons out there. Tweaked that one a bit to grunge it up and used it for the linework.
    For the colors I experimented with a few different brushes, but most was done with a soft-edge circular brush with pressure width, ink flow, and opacity. It let me vary from super thin and light to very wide solid marks without a lot of brush switching.

This looks so impressive. I'm amazed by your work.

If you still work on this, one suggestion could be to add some light in the windows, similar to what you did for the blacksmith. I think it really would add a lot.

I envy your talent.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

That's beautiful ! I kinda disagree with you, I guess that using a define forest body on the left and a stream on the right side would not clutter the map and might help put the focus on the village. That's just an opinion though.

Wow, your use of colors is super subtle! I really like it.

Great work so far! the lineart is beautiful, so the way you blended the colour!

This looks very nice! I especially like the linework

This is shaping up magnificently. I'm looking forward to seeing the final image. The linework is very impressive.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

I'm adding my voice to the choir , this is splendid CannonMagnet!

I would never have thought of using cad to make the shapes then drawing over. May have to try it!

Guild Applicant

Following your work process was something to behold. I'm relatively new to the map-making community, but a long time artist and graphic designer and I just wanted to say how much I love your line work and color scheme. I can't wait to discover more of your work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast