Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Love that texture farm! You need some texture fields now.
    It's looking great Mouse.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow, missed this one, those cliffs are incredible!!! love the overpasses and bridges. You broke a typographic rule though - never overly kern lowercase letter . Looking forward to seeing this finished.
    Aw thanks snodsy That means so much coming from you - one of just a handful of cartographers who seem have top down relief shading so totally under control!

I have to confess, though, that I'm an ignoramus where typography is concerned. What's a kern? Are there any special feeding requirements, and do I have to exercise it every day?

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Love that texture farm! You need some texture fields now.
    It's looking great Mouse.
    Thanks Josiah!

Seem to have left myself very little room for texture fields. I'll see what I can do when I get back to it after the challenges are done. I'll be working on just this and Errispa then

[QUOTE=Mouse;332809]Aw thanks snodsy That means so much coming from you - one of just a handful of cartographers who seem have top down relief shading so totally under control!

I have to confess, though, that I'm an ignoramus where typography is concerned. What's a kern? Are there any special feeding requirements, and do I have to exercise it every day?

KERNING is the space between letters. LEADING is the space between lines There is a book by a noted Typographer called "STOP STEALING SHEEP and find out how type works, it's a pretty simple read on basic typographic rules. Other simple ones, don't use more than two fonts per project. Don't use similar looking fonts - instead with use bold/roman/italics in the same family or use contrasting fonts. Hope this helps.

You mean this one?

I think I'm going to have to save up a bit, or find a friendly library! LOL!

Thanks snodsy

Blog Entries

Obligatory Kerning is Important link....

LOL!

ROFL!

Thanks Red!

Oh man.... thanks Red. Those were hilarious.
    That was sent to all the family as well

This is looking good Mouse
    Sorry I have been absent of late.
    Gonna try and get some city mapping done this weekend

Yay! John's back!

Thank you John

I'll get back to this just as soon as I've finished making an utter mess of my Challenge map! LOL!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wow ! You really nailed it with the relief, here !!!!! Amazing work on the shadows of the hills and the texture of the cliffs !!!! And the texture farm really give matter to think and dream !

Aw thanks Jo

I am coming back to it - after this current Challenge map.

Where working on several maps at the same time can cause delays in progress on individual maps, there's a bonus to doing this - a method in my madness, because now I look at it again I can see all kinds of things I might have done better!

The shape of the land is still a bit clunky. I might change it, but now that I've worked out how to represent the relief it should be a lot easier than the first time

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast