Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

Well, I seem to have got a 64 bit system and version of Win 10

Here's the rest of the info - just in case this isn't about the RAM at all, but the processor, or the bus, or a combination of poor equipment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	System spec.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	102091

Been doing a bit more work on the northernmost cliff face

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	KRITA NEW 02.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	7.19 MB 
ID:	102093

It looks like you have the same PC as my old one (it's also a HP Pavilion, intel i34, 64 bits, 4Go RAM) : not a surprise you encountered the same problems as me with te Win10 last big update !
    I'm working on my new one and its 16 Go of RAM and I can assure you it's going sooooo smooth and pleasantly! The autosave in Krita are so quickly done they are almost unnoticeable, for example.

Back on the map : the details of that cliff are really well done ! Are you starting with the colors?

In that case, 'snap'

Unfortunately I think the best I will be able to do is add another 4GB to it. It really will be a couple of years before I can afford to get a new machine - reconditioned second hand or otherwise. I just hope its not the particular architecture of HP Pavillions that's causing some or all of the problem, or even doing that will be a bit of a waste of time and money.

Yes - back to the map.

Thank you - I am reasonably pleased with the way the cliffs are going

I think my background as a painter gives me a totally different approach to mapping. I don't so much 'draw' them, as 'paint' them. I have tried to do it the proper way, with black line work, shading, and then colour last of all, but it seems that I work better if I do all of that in one move - just like a painting done with extremely fine brushes and a limited palette.

It creates a certain style that will always be different - always a bit odd - always something 'other' than mainstream, but I guess that's just the way I am.

By Mouse
    I think my background as a painter gives me a totally different approach to mapping. I don't so much 'draw' them, as 'paint' them. I have tried to do it the proper way, with black line work, shading, and then colour last of all, but it seems that I work better if I do all of that in one move - just like a painting done with extremely fine brushes and a limited palette.
    I don't think there's a "proper way". There are only different methods with different outcomes. I was just curious and I surely like the result!
    Plus, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one to have this painterly approach, even if you have your own special mousy touch .

Thank you!

You've made me feel a lot better about my style

Done a different patch of cliffy stuff

(Draft only - needs more work to it)

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	KRITA NEW 03.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	8.01 MB 
ID:	102121

That is a nice style you have here.
    The rock surface look like the real thing.

Guild Expert

Ooh I love it when you do these cliffs! Looks awesome so far.

Yeah, that really is a gorgeous looking style of cliff.
    The top center is wonderful.
    That shadowed overhang is really well done.

Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast