Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 - [Inner] The Ward of Erahum [Mouse]

I think I'd fail on the last two myself

I think the first checkpoint would have to be 'the Office of Conversation' where the applicant would have to respond to, and engage in, a conversation with a qualified member on any subject of the member's choosing, and be judged by that member as 'human'.

The second checkpoint might be a showing of the applicants artwork. Maybe I'll call that the Map Observatory. We'd soon uncover any X-rated stuff that a spam might be trying to sneak into the city

The third checkpoint could be the 'Surgery', where, under the guise of a brief inspection for lice, fleas and other undesirable infestations and diseases, the applicant would be checked by experts for extra pairs of legs/arms/wings, or X-rated artwork stuffed down its socks.

The fourth checkpoint.... Ummmmmmm.......

The fourth checkpoint could be a hall where applicants have to answer a simple question paper about themselves and write at least a paragraph on why they want to become Guild City Members

The fifth checkpoint? A studio, where the applicant is given access to a whole range of mapping media and asked to draw a simple map. Doesn't matter how bad it is, as long as its some kind of map. A spam probably wouldn't know what a piece of paper or a pencil were for, and just sit there staring dumbly at all the equipment.
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-19-2017 at 12:45 AM.

I'm going to re-order that a bit:

1. Office of Infestations, and Infectious Diseases (a check for viruses, hack bugs, Transparency Acne, polar distortions, gross projections .... and a surreptitious check on number and type of limbs)
    2. Examination Hall (a test of simple questions about the applicant, and a very short essay space to fill in about how much they love maps)
    3. Showcase Hall (a large space where applicants are encouraged to show any artwork they might have brought with them)
    4. Studio (where the applicant is invited to draw a map using media provided)
    5. The Party Lounge (where applicants mingle with established members and indulge in random conversations, get hilariously drunk, and generally show just how human they really are)

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    What is the difference between a large-scale and a small-scale map?
    This one would get me. I know I know it, but it's one of those questions where my head starts spinning between the yin and the yang and I need google to put it in place again

Its the one that even with a 50:50 chance of getting it the right way around, I always get it the wrong way around. The thing is that I remember always getting it wrong, so I end up changing my mind at the very last minute, which means that I'm actually getting it right... but then wrong again!

Aaaaaaaaaargh!

EDIT: I think a small scale map is one where you see all the small things really large?

*Mouse, knowing her propensity for being dead wrong about this, instinctively flattens her ears and cowers to wait for judgement by the One Who Knows*
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-19-2017 at 09:21 AM.

A bit more cliff.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Linux v3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	5.30 MB 
ID:	102404

Are there troglodyte people living in those cliffs?

You could have windows and chimney coming out of the cliffs. Just an Idea.

That's a great idea

I was only going to have the ruins of older defences on the highest parts, and maybe old steps going up to them, but I think that's a brilliant idea.

Thanks Azelor!

That is really breathtaking, Sue !! I can only imagine the beauty you're gonna end up offering us.

Aw thanks, Thomas

Its taking a lot of effort to do the cliffs - only a small section each day, but I'm enjoying it all the same

BY Azelor
    Are there troglodyte people living in those cliffs?
    I was wondering the same, actually. Azelor's suggestions are good ideas, indeed .

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast