Thread: Thuringia

Default Thuringia

The complete project. An overview of the history of Thuringia from 500 to 2016.

I've uploaded some examples to the WIP-section and i also got an DevianArt-Gallery: http://cyowari.deviantart.com/

For now its all just in German, but i will translate them eventually to English.
    And i'm also interested in some critiques and opinions.

Link to the full image: http://orig13.deviantart.net/ff44/f/...b3-day2sjb.jpg

Diese Arbeit ist schlicht und einfach super ... vielleicht nix am ersten Blick für Fantasy RPG mappers (obwohl man aus den Karten viel lernen könnte, das man im Entwurf der eigenen Fantasywelten übernehmen könnte!). Kleine Vorschläge: Die 2016er Karte wurde etwas gewinnen wenn ein paar der kleineren aber wichtigen Grenzortschaften wie z. B. Probstzella oder Frankenheim in der Rhön gezeichnet würden. In der Karte aus DDR-Zeiten (Nr. 10) wäre es vielleicht auch noch besser wenn die Bezirksstädte wie Suhl, Erfurt und Gera also solchen gekennzeichnet wären. Aber das sind Kleinigkeiten. Diese Karten sind vom äußerst hohem historischen Wert! Unglaublich gut!

This work is really excellent ... perhaps not on the first look for fantasy RPG mappers (although one could learn much from these maps that could be used to develop one's own fantasy worlds!). Small suggestions: The 2016 map would gain something if a few of the smaller but significant border towns like Probstzella or Frankenheim in the Rhön were shown. The map from the years of the German Democratic Republic (i. e. East Germany), No. 10, would be a bit better if the district government cities such as Suhl, Erfurt and Gera were identified as such. However, these things are trivial. These maps are of tremendous historical value. Unbelievably good!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Danke. Ich sag lieber nicht wieviel Zeit für Recherche drauf ging...
    Das ist wahr, aber vielleicht nimmt sich der ein oder andere doch die Zeit und schaut sich die Karte / die Karten genauer an.
    Ok, danke für die Vorschläge - mehr als einleuchtend. Die Kennzeichnung der Bezirksstädte übernehm ich sofort,
    bei den kleinen Grenzortschaften muss ich erst noch einmal genauer schauen was die Einbindung angeht.

Thank you. I prefer not to say how much time for research went on ...
    This is true, but perhaps one or the other takes the time and looks at the map / maps more closely.
    Ok, thanks for the suggestions - more than plausible. I immediately accept the designation of the district cities,
    In the small border areas, I have to look more closely to the integration.

Blog Entries

A really worthy, excellent historical map!

However, two little suggestions:
    1. Even though not essential for historical maps, scales would give the proper sense of size.
    2. If insets 2 and 3 would be the same squared shape of the other ones, the overall composition would be more tuneful.

Thank you. I am very pleased with the positive comments.

Now to your suggestions:

1. This is a very good point. To be honest - I forgot it; I will add this and upload the corrected / extended version later.
    2. This becomes somewhat more difficult - the two maps are on a different scale and on purpose rectangular. Something I had in mind was the two
    merely extend downwards and upwards, and to keep them on the same scale - that is, to change the actual size. Would be worth a try.

Updated Version: http://orig01.deviantart.net/396e/f/...ri-day2sjb.jpg (Wrong Version - see Post below)
    Last edited by Ziuwari; 02-09-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuwari View Post
    ...the two maps are on a different scale and on purpose rectangular.
    I see, the updated version with scales is better, even more if you write down the unit of length (km I suppose).
    May I ask you what software are you using?

Uh, i'm sorry - i'v mixed up the order of the map-scales.
    This is the right version: http://orig08.deviantart.net/33d1/f/...ri-day2sjb.jpg

And i use CorelDraw X7.

Great map Ziuwari. Really impressive work!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Thank you and Cheers to you!