Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A trip into the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    I'm not into SciFi - strictly fantasy RPG!
    An old wizard gives a young man his father's magical sword and together they set off to save a princess who is being held captive in a dark castle by an evil sorcerer. On the way, they meet a rogue and a kind-hearted monster who join their party along with the obligatory overly-formal and comic relief characters. During the rescue, the evil sorcerer kills the old wizard. The heroes hatch a plan to destroy the evil sorcerer's castle (a plan which can only be carried out by small numbers of poorly-equipped heroes). In the climactic battle, the young man learns to use the magic that was in him all along to destroy the dark castle. Yeah, Star Wars was pretty silly.

Very cool Francissimo, all those Nebulae looks great! how you did them?

Guild Artisan Guild Supporter Tenia's Avatar

You are an artist, awesome !

It's really good but feels a bit crowded, imho.
    And, on a general note, if the black holes are, well... very black, they are very bright from afar since they are surrounded by attracted things (hence the bright galactic core of the Milky Way). If I'm not wrong...
    Here's a picture, if it can help :
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ef7785f060_101102_trou-noir-ixpe.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	350.1 KB 
ID:	92481

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    <SNIP>In the climactic battle, the young man learns to use the magic that was in him all along to destroy the dark castle. Yeah, Star Wars was pretty silly.
    Gee golly whillikers, Joe! I was going to reply by resetting the Lord of the Rings into the Star Wars universe. But damn! When you get to be an old fart, you really get lazy. So I opened up a bottle of Mönchsambacher Lager Beer and started guzzling instead. Betcha you can't do that on the High Desert. And no, Coors, Budweiser and Miller High Life won't do. Not even a good craft beer.

Prosit!
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

It's almost always the same story in the end, just with a few slightly different frilly bits around the edges.

I could get one of the local craft beers, but I'm not a big fan of rotten grain (or rotten fruit, for that matter). Even if it's washed and you just drink the wash water. Even if you make an effort to distill out the rotted parts. Rotten seed pods, on the other hand, are much more of interest to me.

Thanks for the nice comments!
    And that's an interesting talk about beers and star wars

About the way i did my backgrounds, i often start by painting various clouds using nebula or fractal brush, distort the result using filters and blend the result with pictures of lens flare effect for the stars. Sometimes i also use real astronomy pictures that i recolor, distort and blend with multiple cloud layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    And, on a general note, if the black holes are, well... very black, they are very bright from afar since they are surrounded by attracted things (hence the bright galactic core of the Milky Way). If I'm not wrong...
    Here's a picture, if it can help :

Name:	ef7785f060_101102_trou-noir-ixpe.jpg 
Size:	350.1 KB 
ID:	92481
    Yep depicting a black hole was quite tough, thanks for the picture, i think i'll try to make the result a bit brighter.

Here's an update with some labels, and a view of the ship. The ship is the one from the movie passengers, i've tried to draw somes, but this one seems way better than what i did so i'm using it for now.

Name:	GALAXY2.jpg 
Size:	4.99 MB 
ID:	92590

one more update, i've finished labels and icons, i'm running out of idea so i guess the map is almost finished, will post soon the result in finished map if no new idea comes in my head.

Name:	GALAXY2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	92623

Tes cartes spatiales sont vraiment impressionnantes !

Your space maps are really impressive !

Guild Novice

Wow, great job on this map. I love being able to see how it evolved from the first one!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12