Thread: Hearthy Hello!

Post Hearthy Hello!

Hello cartographers!

After a certain time of skulking around, reading various tutorials and posts, I thought it was time to step out into the light.

I am an old school RPG player and GM and after a long hiatus, now with kids in the right age I am getting back to it. I've always been into games and mapping as I started out my professional career as level designer for AAA games. I've long since moved past that working as game designer, and eventually producer. However I miss the creativity of the old days and find myself coming back to mapping and cartography at times.

Right now I am trying to brush up my hand drawing skills and export it digitally and GIMP it to awesomeness. I still have many miles to go though... my latest creation is a small dungeon for use with my RPG group as an initial combat encounter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ruinen_cellar.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	749.6 KB 
ID:	92879

A few of you might notice that I am heavily influenced by this amazing cartographer Dyson

best,

Hexapanther
    https://hexapanther.wordpress.com/

Guild Applicant

Default Hello!

Sounds like you have a lot of gaming experience. That's wonderful. Very nice map. Is it on a 5 ft grid? Also speaking just from a visual stand point (I have a little design experience) adding shading or color to the room fixings could make them pop. I'm looking forward to seeing more maps.

hehe yes my gaming experience far deeper than my drawing skills. Its a 5ft grid. I want to make some more structural changes - I realized that the passages are a bit to narrow and that I want the cave opening into the cellar to be in the next room... I'll consider the shading.. sounds interesting!

nice! I like the organic feeling of the passages. The grid can be tempting to follow, but you've created a nice mixing of natural passages and man (kobold?) hewn rooms / hallways.