Thread: Galaxy Map WIP

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Galaxy Map WIP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The real creator Galaxy v2.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	6.54 MB 
ID:	93167

So this galactic map has gone through many iterations to get to this point. I'm not close to finishing this version (as you can see there are many unlabeled systems) but I wanted to get some feedback on it so far. It's quite a large image (4000x4000) and I tried to take a more artsy approach to it because I felt it looked pretty cool when I printed it but I'm starting to feel like I should change some of the elements. Suggestions and ideas would be great
    Last edited by AnthonySalvatoreErcolano; 03-02-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Very artsy, indeed. Also very much different from what I am used to

Now I see what you mean by a starry background. Might as well try this one on my own map you commented on earlier.

IMHO your map is definitely missing a legend explaining what I see here. I'd also opt for more distinctive coloring so that the factions(?) in your map are better distinguishable from one another. But of course this is a matter of personal taste as well.

Thanks for your input on mine haha, but yea a legend is coming soo, I just have so much more to add to it. The other problem I was having is that not only do I need different colors for the individual factions but I'm trying to figure out a way to break up the different factions territories into sectors (depending on their for of governance) if you have any ideas on that I'd be open to them haha

I do, indeed. Please ping me again in ten days because I will be on holidays till then!