Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hey folks.
    I've been lurking around here for a couple weeks, looking at some tutorials and the like. I'm mainly interested in mapping for RPG purposes, however I'm also interested in making some antique style maps for wall hangings around my house. I'm pretty new to a lot of the functions in GIMP, and I've not used photoshop due to lack of money. Currently running a game for some friends and I'm hoping to dress up my battle maps quite a bit for them. Look forward to learning much more from all of you.

Hi Jackson, and welcome!

There are a lot of Gimp users at the Guild (myself included) so there are plenty tutorials designed for Gimp. Possibly this tutorial might be a starting point for you, since you're interested in antique maps. It may not be exactly what you're after, but I always feel working through a couple of tutorials is never a waste of time, because you'll learn something new from each one that you can use at some point down the line on your own work.

I hope you can find what you need, and I'll look forward to seeing some of your maps.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Nice, just took a quick look at that, I will hopefully give it a try today when I get home.

Here's one I did last week with Gidde's Handdrawn Map Tutorial(for the artistically challenged). I'm not 100% happy with it, I would prefer terrain to the brushed mountains, but I did learn a lot from it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UP.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	5.68 MB 
ID:	93705