The Finished Maps forum is for finished maps. I would start a new thread in one of the Work In Progress forums (WIP forums) - probably here in the Regional/World Mapping section.

Most of the problems you outline above can be resolved by learning how to export the jpg a different way.

Here is how I would do it:

1. Decide how big I want my map to be. Say for the sake of my imaginary example I wanted it to be 5000 pixels wide by 3000 pixels tall.
  2. Show the grid by clicking the grid button at the bottom right, and turn snap on.
  3. Draw a hollow fill rectangle around the area of the map that matters to me - the bit where things are happening - making sure that the exact proportions of that rectangle are 5:3. In other words if the bottom of the rectangle is 10 grid squares I would want the side to be 6 grid squares tall.
  4. Save the map
  5. From the menu use File/Save as and where it says "Campaign Cartographer 3 FCW Drawing", change the type to "Rectangular Section JPEG"
  6. Click the options button and set the maximum image dimensions to width 5000, and height 3000.
  7. Check the Antialias option and set that at about 20%, but be careful to reduce that figure if the true image dimensions exceed 10,000 pixels in either direction, or CC3 will crash on export. 10,000 pixels square is the largest bitmap you can export.
  8. Click ok, give the export file a name, and click Save.
  9. Nothing will seem to happen, but that is because you need to check the command line for instructions. It should now be asking you to "Pick first corner", so you click just once on the bottom left hand corner of the rectangle you drew earlier on your map - relying on the snap function to line that click up exactly with the corner of the rectangle.
  10. The command line should now be asking you to "Pick Second Corner", and you should click the top right hand corner of the bounding rectangle you drew.
  11. The instant you click the second corner a DOS window will open showing you the progress of the export. The first time this happened to me I nearly had a heart attack. It does look for an instant like the programme is crashing, but trust me - it isn't. This is normal behaviour.
  12. When the export is done the DOS window will automatically disappear, and if you check in the folder where you told CC3 to save your exported map you should have a brand new jpg image of the exact dimensions you specified, showing the exact extent of the rectangle you decided to export from your map.