Thread: Hello from Aotearoa

Default Hello from Aotearoa

Hi all,

the name is Chris, I am in my 30s, I am originally from Germany, but live in New Zealand at the moment. I only recently ventured into map making inspired by people like Dyson and other artists on this board. I am currently trying my hand at campaign maps and encounter maps.

I come from a scale modelling and RPG background and thus the maps may also be used for conflict simulation games to illustrate objectives etc.

Ultimately I would like to combine terrain making, map drawing and world building to create my own adventures for my group and others on the interwebs to enjoy.

For starters an intro picture of my latest creation: A graveyard diorama base in 1:48. This is the atmosphere I would like to achieve.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dawn-battle.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	93892

Now I would like to draw an encounter map based on this, dark colours and an autumnal vibe to it. I also would like to refine my techniques to draw a proper world map, that shows ruins, gnarly trees, ancient shrines etc. .

I already had a browse and came across some amazing work. I only hope I will one day be as good as some of the artists here.

Hello there. I'm new here myself, I like your sample work. Good luck with your map making ^^