Hey everyone, I just joined up to The Guild, mainly because I'm interested in neat-looking maps for tabletop RPGs, and partially because I have a particular question to ask of the general populace here.

I tried my hand at generating a world map for my Fifth Edition Dungeons and Dragons campaign that I'm running, using the Heroes of Might and Magic III map editor. While I found the miscellaneous terrain options and fluff to
be especially to my liking, I was quite displeased with the limits to the size and of the world. I feel quite at home making a rudimentary map in the Heroes III map editor because it's a game I've played extensively over the years.
I'm fairly uncomfortable with traditional pen-and-paper mapmaking , or similar techniques making use of a drawing pad and PhotoShop or GIMP, et cetera, due to some problems with manual dexterity and extreme pickiness.

That said, my actual question is this - Do any of you fine Cartographers have recommendations or suggestions on similar scenario or map editing software that is fairly simple to use, yet also robust and comprehensive?

Thanks for reading,
Traphomet