Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heian Shrine

It certainly would. The shadow here is quick and unprecised. I made it just for the reference.

Thr pure black and white tower is a bit cluttered indeed, but with the shading it's not really an issue at all. It looks good, and I admire you for handdrawing all those tiles!

Thanks Daniel. I was thinking the same, but was not sure. It's always good to hear opinion and know how others may see same things.
    I dont actually draw every single tile, there is some copy>paste. Not much hence slow progress.

Half of the walls are done (which are actually also corridors or rooms inside)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heianjingu_v1.4_resize.jpeg 
Views:	48 
Size:	226.0 KB 
ID:	94171

This is smaller version so may look more cluttered than before.

Praise wow

that's impressive. I bow before you and your skills. Did you draw the roof by hand or use an online thingy? Anyway I look forward to seeing your map in it's finished state

Guild Adept Guild Sponsor

Very cool. Watching with interest.

Thanks Quil and wdmartin.

Quil i draw everything by hand using tablet. Some buildings / corridors are same, so i copy > paste parts of it to speed up the process, but in the end its the part i drew.

Today i should finish the inner shrine part. If i do there will be still some buildings left on the right side to add.

Ok, i finished all buildings within walls. There are still some left ;(

I hope this will look better with colours and shade, right now my eyes are like "what the $#&#@ am i watching" if i look at it for too long... LOL. It is first time i do this kind of roofs and to be honest i have no clue how the end result will look like.

Name:	Heianjingu_v1.5.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	94198

All roofs done (at last). From now on i will work on ground and water lines and some addition stuff scattered around.

Name:	Heianjingu_v1.6.jpeg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1,004.2 KB 
ID:	94227

Great work so far Voolf! I like your trees, and the roof is mesmerizing! so much that if I stare on a white wall I still see them I can only imagine you!

You haven't even started the shading yet, and already this is looking like it's about to become a masterpiece

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast