Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kacey's Bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Thanks guy's! These are the fastest, sloppiest mountains I've ever drawn so I wasn't expecting all these nice comments, this made my day.
    Wow, then something you pay more attention to must look fabulous

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This bookmark idea is great for quickly trying out new styles.
    Agree 100%. Sometimes you only want to practice something new, and a whole map feels too daunting. A bookmark lets you practice AND have something at the end to show for your work.

I also think you're being too hard on yourself about the colouring. I seem to remember some colours in your Romania map and they were lovely (it may just have been the water, though). We're all our own worst critics. Either way, I'm glad you're getting something out of the Bookmarks project and I'm looking forward to your next one.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

It's nicely done Kacey
    I like doing small stuff for experimentation, as it sort of keeps me from going overboard on things.
    I agree with CP, the bookmarks are a nice way to do a small quick map.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Wow, then something you pay more attention to must look fabulous
    Thanks for the nice compliment Voolf, the things I pay more attention to never get finished, they just take too long and I get bored. Its nice to do something quick for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Agree 100%. Sometimes you only want to practice something new, and a whole map feels too daunting. A bookmark lets you practice AND have something at the end to show for your work.

I also think you're being too hard on yourself about the colouring. I seem to remember some colours in your Romania map and they were lovely (it may just have been the water, though). We're all our own worst critics. Either way, I'm glad you're getting something out of the Bookmarks project and I'm looking forward to your next one.
    Whole maps for me are definitely daunting, and with very little spare time in a day, and sometimes none at all this means it can take several months to finish a map I always find this really discouraging and that's why I like this bookmark idea so much... So thanks to whoever came up with it, it's a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    It's nicely done Kacey
    I like doing small stuff for experimentation, as it sort of keeps me from going overboard on things.
    I agree with CP, the bookmarks are a nice way to do a small quick map.
    Thanks J.Edward.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Your mountains are always great to look at, and these are no exception. In fact these may be my favorite so far.

As soon as I saw this I absolutely loved it. I think those mountains are some of my favorite! They're masterful!
    I do believe I shall attempt a map (or bookmark) in that style. That's the style I usually go for, but it usually ends up different.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Great work kacey! Like everyone else, I LOVE your mountains.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Your mountains are always great to look at, and these are no exception. In fact these may be my favorite so far.
    Thanks Diamond It's always extra nice to get compliments from the people you look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    As soon as I saw this I absolutely loved it. I think those mountains are some of my favorite! They're masterful!
    I do believe I shall attempt a map (or bookmark) in that style. That's the style I usually go for, but it usually ends up different.
    Thanks Josiah, I'm usually going for something more like the style you do but when I fail at adding colour this is what I get. I'd love to see you try this style, I'm always looking out for new maps from you so I'm sure you'll probably pull it off allot nicer then I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Great work kacey! Like everyone else, I LOVE your mountains.
    Thanks Matthew I'm glad you like it.

Very nice bookmark!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast