Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World Construction Co. bookmark2017

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    I love when when my little creations spark inspiration... this place is kinda like a ... hmm, well, the Dream Country (?) from The BFG... and all the wonderful maps and tidbits around the Guild are like sparks of dream and inspiration flitting around like fireflies.
    That's a wonderful image Chashio and i deeply agree here! Had to look up BFG and found i only saw a trailer and a poster some time ago without ever watching the movie itself (only know the book from back in the days ). Thanks for that kind of inspiration too!
    Last edited by Abu Lafia; 04-29-2017 at 11:24 AM.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Lafia View Post
    That's a wonderful image Chashio and i deeply agree here! Had to look up BFG and found i only saw a trailer and a poster some time ago without ever watching the movie itself (only know the book from back in the days ). Thanks for that kind of inspiration too!
    Haha, you're welcome. Yeah, I had read the book a long while back and only recently saw the movie, which is probably why my brain went there. It is a great movie with fabulous characters. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Man... I really need to read Hitchhiker's Guide. ... been on my to read list for years and years but it's one of those 'yeah, sometime I'll get to it' things.
    I never was a huge fan of dry British humor, so when I started reading Hitchhiker's Guide I had a hard time getting in to it. BUT, the more I read, and the more I saw the multiple layers of humor, and the intertwining of story lines I ended up loving the books.

Its better listening to the original radio broadcast version, which I think was directed by Douglas Adams. This is a really bad quality pirate copy of the original 1978 series part 1. The series can be bought on CD - presumably much better quality!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its better listening to the original radio broadcast version, which I think was directed by Douglas Adams. This is a really bad quality pirate copy of the original 1978 series part 1. The series can be bought on CD - presumably much better quality!
    AWESOME!!!!! Thank you Mouse
    An older hippie friend of mine years and tears ago had given me the recording they made of the original show...
    and then I lost one or more of the tapes. And I have no tape player now... so it has been a long time since I have been able to listen to these.
    Oh, and yes, it was directed by Adams.

Here's a place to buy the CD, but I don't know whether they export!

The sound on that YouTube link is pretty dreadful in places, which kind of spoils it, but I remember listening to the original broadcast when I was a teenager, so I know how bad the pirated YouTube copy is.

EDIT: that's only a reduced version. Don't know if the US can get this delivered, or if anyone can afford to buy it, but the complete set is available from Amazon here.
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-30-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He he, what a lovely bookmark and Hitchhikers are definitely worth a read, and it's a quick read at that
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Wow, now I definitely have to read / listen to it. Thank you for those links Mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    He he, what a lovely bookmark and Hitchhikers are definitely worth a read, and it's a quick read at that
    Thanks tilt - glad you like the bookmark

This is adorable! I love the rabbits. Although... when I see the traffic cones, I keep thinking of the icon for the VLC media player. Maybe they're hip hop bunnies...
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is adorable! I love the rabbits. Although... when I see the traffic cones, I keep thinking of the icon for the VLC media player. Maybe they're hip hop bunnies...
    Hehehe! They is hip hoppers? ;P

Thanks ChickPea

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast