Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Map C - Fennjourn

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

I do not know how you did but your map in full view completely attracts the eye ... I imagine it is the shadows and reliefs, but I can not really grasp the effect. In any case, it is really impressive, one is like aspirated, the look is completely attracted ... Amazing! I love all the work on ice, snow, relief, sea, rivers. The forests also comes very well. It is true that now we want to see a little life in this icy country. Cities, labels are going to be a big plus, I think!
    In any case, it's a great job! As a neighbor, I must try to show myself up to this level ! Huge challenge !!!!

And I thought it was good before! This is a huge improvement! The new colour looks more like snow to me, which is much better. The forests look fantastic and the darker sea helps contrast against the land. I still think the sea could go much darker though!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Thanks. I am working on emblems now. There will be one nation living here, divided into 13 clans, so i need 13 emblems. Here are some i can show already.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emblemy.jpeg 
Views:	69 
Size:	170.7 KB 
ID:	96861

I am not sure yet whether i use all of these, or just some. I am during the process of creating many, and then probably choose whatever fits
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Those are really convincing Voolf. You are such a great artist! How on Earth do you think these things up?

That looks incredible. I don't understand where the letter designation puts this map though. Where are maps A, B, and C located?

They are new areas that John invented so that new people could carry on mapping Guildworld. There are lots of areas not started or not finished, but everyone seems to want to keep hold of what they've got

Yeah but where are they? I look at the main map and all I see are numbers.

These are the maps for them here.

I've not been deeply involved with this project, but I assume that when they are done, and when Red updates the world map, they will show up there.

Ah ok, thanks Mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Those are really convincing Voolf. You are such a great artist! How on Earth do you think these things up?
    Thanks Mouse. I am usually looking for inspiration searching though different symbols on internet and other maps and make alternation for my own. Sometimes i have an idea from the start so i will just make it (it does not mean it is always good ). Most time i experiment, make a shield shape, then add some illustration, don't like it - erase, make new one, add some texture and so on. It is a small thing, but sometimes take long time to make one.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    That looks incredible.
    Thanks Falconius.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast