Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Granted that things happen differently in a fantasy setting, but don't underestimate a reader's ability to fill in the unexplained bits with explanations of their own. For example my imagination automatically provided me with a personal view on what might be happening to that water by instantly suggesting that the planet is hollow and contains a smaller, inner planet with an ocean of its own. Also that if the water is going down to that level there has to be some natural mechanism by which it returns to the surface, or after a couple of thousand years there wouldn't be any water left on the surface at all. So my mind then suggested to me that this could somehow be through some sort of geyser-like eruptions happening elsewhere on the outer surface of your world, and probably powered by volcanic heat like the real world equivalent.

Don't worry about it too much. If all else fails - its something to do with magic
Your imagination is facinating. Hehe, you never fail to surpise me.

Anyway, aside from that. I only imagined a waterfal falling into a hole, creating a small underground lake. The inner city has access to this lake. There is a small stream that goes from the underground lake and disappears beneath the rock to the right, not to be seen again (make with that information what you will). There is no hollow planet in sight. Though, there are big caverns and a maze of tunnels.

So here is a few changes. I started to blend the road a bit. Change the name of the waterfall to make it more clear. Changed the drop into the hole. Added a rock plate there to assert the possibility that sea water does not flow freely into the caverns. Then, I added prelimenary names to the Fort/Inn and the Jagged rock.

Also the thing with the 'wells'. If you zoom in once, then in the small courtyards between the buildings I added wells, like in, where you draw water. But I don't know if the ones I used fits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessa'Mor_Rock_byOmri.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	96474