Thread: (WIP) Arch City of Nessa'Mor

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected XCali's Avatar

Question Nessa'Mor Experimental build!

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    That looks good, yes.
    Nice sandy beach.
    You even got the little wall sconces (?) in the cave!
    Thanks!
    The sandy beach is made from a photo taken of clouds. And the sconces, yeah one could say that or even torches. Same difference in this regard. But thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Elaborating on the water edge...
    I know this is a tropical beach, and the water here is very much more clear than it would be in a stormy temperate zone where there is far more sand being churned up in the water all the time, but it demonstrates reasonably well that the colour of the water tends to be transparent at the edge, allowing the colour of the beach to show through.

On most beaches, the hardest line is the strand line, where the high tide pushes all the debris to the top of the beach.

Hope that helps
    Yeah sorry, I understand the concept. hehe, didn't put two and two together.

Anyway, this is an EXPERIMENTAL build. I tried my hand at the ocean fading thing. (But I have to admit, I really don't know how you guys go to work with solving that(or with how to make the ocean more believable apart from waves). Maybe I'm not approaching it the right way. It is a bit of an enigma still.
    The way I tried it in this build was using the same texture in different layers and selection of the land with gaussian blur and low opacity to try it. But it's not how I want it yet... As I said, a bit of an enigma.

Okay, next I tried out the forest with some shadows and then the CHOCOLATE HILLS for a bit of unique flavour. I don't know if it works or not. But this is an experimental build to try out ideas. So I'm all ears.

Have a nice day.
    (P.S. I work in GIMP 2.6)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nessa'Mor_ExperimentalBuild_byOmriHope.jpeg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.06 MB 
ID:	95842
    Last edited by XCali; 05-18-2017 at 06:39 AM.