Thread: Im making a Worldbuilding game

Wip Im making a Worldbuilding game

Hi guys im making a Worldbuilding game, controlled by a 20 sided dice. I could use some feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing heres the link you may comment

Hey Sprutnums

That looks interesting. I kind of get it, and I have a fondness for icosahedrons. I think them attractive (yes I know that makes me a bit strange!)

The only thing I would say is that I think it might be difficult to draw sickness or its cure. Maybe draw an area affected by sickness, or one effectively cured of the sickness?

Interesting approach.

This sentance:
    If this is the second time, third or any other chose which side this paper is adjacent to others
    Grab the paper discard the others.
    Doesn't really work too well in English. I'm assuming it should mean that on subsequent starter rolls that if your roll result calls for a different piece of paper, that you then decide which side of the previously worked on sheets it's attached to.

Also, it wouldn't be "discard" in this instance which is usually taken to mean destroyed or thrown in the trash, I think you mean "and put aside".

-------------------------------------

I think for a project such as this you have to decide at what scale this generator is working (city map, territory map, continental map etc.). From the first roll generators I'm assuming this is city size. A second point to make is that roll generators are highly dependant on averages, so for instance the house table should have percentages of slots used for types of house (small etc.) in accordance with the percentage of house of that type you want on the map (ie if you want 60% of the houses on your map to be small, 12 slots should be "draw a small house"). Doing modifier slots, like "add on to an existing house" makes figuring out these averages more difficult.

It's a pretty cool project, It'll be interesting to see how you progress.
    Last edited by Falconius; 05-10-2017 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Hey Sprutnums

That looks interesting. I kind of get it, and I have a fondness for icosahedrons. I think them attractive (yes I know that makes me a bit strange!)

The only thing I would say is that I think it might be difficult to draw sickness or its cure. Maybe draw an area affected by sickness, or one effectively cured of the sickness?
    Well the system isnt quite there yet. Hang on for more information!

Interesting idea for a game, I'm curious what direction you're going to take the religions. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by madrileen View Post
    Interesting idea for a game, I'm curious what direction you're going to take the religions. Good luck!
    You can join the discord and follow the development head on!