Thread: Garden of Tal Seu'ré

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Default Garden of Tal Seu'ré

A little while ago there was a Hanging Gardens challenge which I didn't enter but had gotten a start on this map for. Finally got the lines and shadows done. Now, I'm kind of into doing black and white pen and paper maps right now, but I'm not going to put this into finished maps just yet because I might try to colour it somehow. We'll see. For now, here's my take on a hanging garden, a ruin, abandoned ages ago and now tended as a garden by mysterious fey creatures.

Actually this map started out as a test of a border, and I'm not really happy with this one, it's too dark and I actually wanted it to be more regular. But it is what it is, I love playing with things and seeing how they do or don't work out, I learn something no matter what happens!

Thanks to my 9 year-old son for pointing out that it needed a title, telling me exactly where to put the title, and then telling me what the title should be. Kids, hey?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garden-of-TalSeure.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	702.4 KB 
ID:	98670

Cheers,
    Meshon

Aw bless!

He knows his stuff!

My goodness, Meshon! If only you'd had the time to work on it back then, you might have won my gold compass!

What a beautiful drawing

Wow Meshon, This is so cool map. I love it.
    I agree about the border. It is not bad, but somehow breaks the map composition.
    Anyway, awesome job. You should definately put this into Finished map section. I rarely visit wip threatds now.
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Great drawing Meshon! Your son has a good eye for art.