Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guild City - The Hustleflow Ward [Section 53]

Guild Novice

So so pretty! I know it's a tiny thing, but the steps next to the bridge add so much to that section of the map by giving it some verticality. Love it

Outstanding map, Voolf ! The level of detail is impressive and everything is excellent. I also love that River police badge.
    And I start to think that the Guild City is the city with the more draconic inhabitants .

PS : and I'll have to rep you later for this splendid piece.

Guild Expert

Amazing! And the border really tops it all off, I'll definitely be looking to this for inspiration, really great job all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Its just beautiful, Voolf. You should be really proud - and I love the way you incorporated Chashio's dragon (yes it is Chashio's)
    Thank you Mouse. The dragon was really last touch to the map, i recalled that Wally just before last save. It's good i downloaded it right after i saw it and placed into guild city folder

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    My new hero! this is outstanding and so inspirational. Love the river police badge too. The type and treatment compliment the overall piece. Sweet dragon too. #8 label is a little off center. The roads dirty pathways are really well done and give the feel of being lived in. Great, awesome, spectacular job!!
    Oh, you SHARP EYE you... Don't scrutinize the map so much . Thanks snodsy
    Your district is done so you can feel free to come by the academy to take your river police award

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Fantastic!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    I don't know how many times I've said this when referring to your work on this site, but WOW Voolf. There is truly a lot to admire about this map.

The cleanliness of the linework and shadowing, the vivid textures on the grass, trees, dirt, water, and tiny roof tiles (which I especially love), the history added for immersion, and the overall layout/design of the ward itself. This is an outstanding map.

And I gotta say, the name just rolls off the tongue so well.
    Thanks Hustle, i thought you might like it

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrot View Post
    So so pretty! I know it's a tiny thing, but the steps next to the bridge add so much to that section of the map by giving it some verticality. Love it
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Outstanding map, Voolf ! The level of detail is impressive and everything is excellent. I also love that River police badge.
    And I start to think that the Guild City is the city with the more draconic inhabitants .
    It is just one Wally that i am aware of, Are there more ? I havent check all the districts yet :/
    Thanks for comment

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Amazing! And the border really tops it all off, I'll definitely be looking to this for inspiration, really great job all around.
    Thank you Kacey.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Wonderful map ! You found an excellent solution for the tiles! And the whole with the border and story is very successful! Congratulations !!!

Thank you JO !

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Niiiiiice. I don't have anything super constructive to add to all the other comments other than that I love it.

Blog Entries

Super map - very nicely done.

I have put up a new zoomy map with a link to this thread and updated the overall map too.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Niiiiiice. I don't have anything super constructive to add to all the other comments other than that I love it.
    Thank you Diamond
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Super map - very nicely done.

I have put up a new zoomy map with a link to this thread and updated the overall map too.
    Thanks again Redrobes, looks awesome.

Looking at the big map i realize i share the bridge not only with Straf but also a second neighbour o.O

I have not commented on the WIP but I followed every step and it is amazing how your style equals J Edwards in quality and clarity. I'd make one suggestion if you allow me. I would have loved to see less clean lines for the buildings. They look a wee bit too straight for my taste. More "hand drawn-y" lines would have given a more lively feel I guess. Do not take this as critic as I am in admiration looking at your map, that's just a tiny nitpick.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast