Thread: Speak friend and enter!

Default Speak friend and enter!

"Mellon."

Hello friends. I am new to this place and my story is undoubtedly similar to many of those who have shared before me. I am a self-proclaimed novice author and find myself spending more free time than I can afford building my world. My current ambition is to draw out said world and I have come here to study and to learn. I'm also something of a fledgeling DM for a home run DnD campaign and I want to make the experience for my heroes more immersive; perhaps via well drawn maps? 😝

Maps, as well as hand-drawn art pieces in general, have always fascinated me. I sadly lack the innate ability to capture a drawn image on paper with any skill, but am determined to improve. I'm very excited to learn and grow alongside like minded individuals.

Hi Vodkarok, and welcome.

Not sure if you're only hand-drawing, or if you're hoping to create digital maps. If it's the latter, take a look at the Tutorials area of the forum (this comment is a good starting point). You can also download some PDF tutorials from this thread. It's worthwhile working through a couple, as they teach basic skills that you can take further on your own.

If you're sticking with hand-drawing, there are quite a number of people here who use only traditional media, so if you've got questions, I'm sure someone can help.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

I also have a foot in RPGs and I am here to make the maps for them. I wonder if that is the usual story around here or not.

I am also new here. Hi!