Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: [WIP] Unnamed

Took Pixie's advice and doubled the size of the map. Still practicing mountain styles, now using 4px brush, but smaller overall. Here's the western corner of the eastern continent.

I feel like I went through all the trouble of setting out the tectonics, but now my mountain ranges might make no sense... but for now the important thing is being able to draw them nicely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.png 
Views:	68 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	100859

Some more mountains. I realise they are very rough at the minute, but I'm just trying to get an idea of general placement.
    If any ranges seem completely implausible, please let me know! Basically, it looks like there are two main ranges running north-east to south-west, and the rest are smaller. I could probably do with adding some more smaller ranges too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rivers and Mountains.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	100938

Guild Expert

Hey Davoush I think you're mountains are shaping up quite nicely and you have some interesting river systems too. I imagine you have allot of work left ahead of you and I can't wait to see the result. I'm juggling the idea of doing a whole world hand drawn myself and I know just how much time it's going to take...You are very brave.

Random quick climate question:

Does anybody know how/why Arabia was once green and fertile, not just the southern tips? I believe there has been evidence that is did receive more water than present and had river systems etc.

Thanks!

I think it's because the planet axial tilt shifted slightly. About half a degree.
    That's the explanation for the Sahara. A few thousand years ago, there was vegetation and people living there.
    There are plenty of evidences on this but the actual explanation is not clear yet.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910