Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Valles Marineris Territories

Can't Rep you now...but this is absolutely gorgeous!

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Excellent choice of colors to bring us on Mars! And the rendering of the craters and the canyon with the shadows ... "un travail d'orfèvre" ! That's wonderful !

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Pure unadulterated awesome.

Wonderful example of mapskillage - The textures are awesome, love the canyons and pits. Coloration is perfect and very readable. Excellent job Ilanthar!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

By ThomasR
    The map is amazing and you really have a knack for flags !
    Merci beaucoup Thomas! Sometimes I lose myself a bit in the flags/logos. I guess I'm almost as addicted to flags as maps .

By Josiah VE
    Nice! The relief is fantastic, and everything about it is so professional.
    Thanks! Much appreciated .

By Snodsy
    This is quite beautiful, the colors are fantastic. The relief is really nice and give you a "moon crater" alien feel. I'm not sure if I follow the graphs at the bottom, not quite sure what the Red/Purple are signifying - One location with a different weather/precipitation?
    You have 4 scales, each for different latitude, since this isn't an equal area projection I take it, but is there precedence for multiple scales like this, just interested is all.
    Thanks, Snodsy! Red is for the temperature and purple for the precipitation, in each localtion indicated, indeed. Those are climatic charts. And, I don't know if there is a precedence for this kind of multiple scales at the guild. I think it's quite common on nasa/usgs maps.

By Voolf
    Splendid work Ilanthar. Lovely map. Is this a mars relief ?
    Thanks! I used indeed a relief map of mars as a basis. I've indicated it in the WIP, but I forgot it here. Gonna correct that.

By FrancescaBaerald
    Can't Rep you now...but this is absolutely gorgeous!
    No worries about the rep, and thanks a lot for the praise !

By JO
    Excellent choice of colors to bring us on Mars! And the rendering of the craters and the canyon with the shadows ... "un travail d'orfèvre" ! That's wonderful !
    Merci beaucoup! Glad you enjoy the trip on Mars .

By Vorropohaiah
    Pure unadulterated awesome.
    Thanks a lot. Also, you make me discover the word "unadulterated" .

By Jaxilon
    Wonderful example of mapskillage - The textures are awesome, love the canyons and pits. Coloration is perfect and very readable. Excellent job Ilanthar!
    A big thanks, Jax ! I'm glad you like it.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Amazing map though those labels are too tiny for my eyes, even zoomed in!

Fantastic work! Not a whole lot else to say. It's simply... fantastic!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wow! This was a surprise, but when I noticed who did it I shouldn't have been surprised at all. This is so unique and original to me, and delightful to look at. Everything feels like it belongs. And the location - I was looking at this very place on Google Mars just the other day. I recognise the 'scratch marks' in the [presumably] NW region. They make me think of a waxy, soft stone, like a type of alabaster that has a nice comforting feel. So yes, this map brings me comfort

By Robulous
    Amazing map though those labels are too tiny for my eyes, even zoomed in!
    Thanks! As for the labels, you must know that I'm myopic...

By ChickPea
    Fantastic work! Not a whole lot else to say. It's simply... fantastic!
    Thanks a lot CP !

By Straf
    Wow! This was a surprise, but when I noticed who did it I shouldn't have been surprised at all. This is so unique and original to me, and delightful to look at. Everything feels like it belongs. And the location - I was looking at this very place on Google Mars just the other day. I recognise the 'scratch marks' in the [presumably] NW region. They make me think of a waxy, soft stone, like a type of alabaster that has a nice comforting feel. So yes, this map brings me comfort
    Thanks, Straf, that's quite a praise ! Very glad you like it, and I hope to surprise you again .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12