Thread: +700 Juxta Sagittaria

Map +700 Juxta Sagittaria

I've made a map for the region my worldbuilding takes place in, Juxta Sagittaria.

Do note the file below is quite large, around 6MB, despite being a JPG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	central orion spur map sm jpg.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	5.95 MB 
ID:	96850

It was quite a feat to make; I don't have hard numbers but I estimate there are at least 300 systems listed on there. Normally I'd post a PNG but at this resolution, it tallies up to about 13 megabytes in size. Besides that, the process to make the background was quite fun, and I drew some inspiration from the Dawn of Victory map.

Wow. That's... Inanely good. I'd imagine that it would take a long time to make such a map. Have you considered looking up color maps released by NASA and the likes for the background? I feel like space would be more colorful than that. Then again, you can argue that most such color photos are actually edited since most (I think) telescopes capable of taking such pictures mainly use non visible-light and convert it to grey-scale first.
    All men are inevitably driven to their fate, one of the few things all have in common, no mater the circumstances of the birth.

@Moros Thank you! The background was originally more colourful but it was difficult to make out the colour influence regions and star spectra without making it mostly monochrome and desaturated at that.

That is supremely cool. What are you plans or direction with this world building you are doing? Is it for a specific purpose?

@Falconius Thanks! So far nothing solidly planned. I'm just worldbuilding for fun and seeing where it takes me.

Beautiful work! Precise, very readable and the render of the stars/background is perfect.